real time web analytics
Report - - More underground Boating. Crimson Hill Tunnel, Somerset 05/2010 - UPDATED OCT' 10 | Underground Sites | Page 3 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - More underground Boating. Crimson Hill Tunnel, Somerset 05/2010 - UPDATED OCT' 10

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Styru

Admin
28DL Full Member
Bloody hell, it looks like that could just collapse and disappear at any minute!!

You can say that again - it's not often that I get worried about the laws of gravity whilst underground - but this was well dodgy. :eek:

d86

ian beal's twin brother..
28DL Full Member
so how far do you think you got this time then ????.

you guy's have more guts than me..i love tunnles but i think i would have to draw the line at the secound half of this one..

but.
must say the water looks tempting..

t...

Paulct

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
That fall looks a bit dodgy to say the least! Is it possible to access the tunnel from the other end?

canute

货车司机和国王
28DL Full Member
Impressive stuff :thumb

That is the flattest stone arch I've seen - can't imagine how the keystone principle would work on that. If it was a modern tunnel you'd think the builders had misread the width on the plan or got a distorted print :crazy

Styru

Admin
28DL Full Member
That is the flattest stone arch I've seen - can't imagine how the keystone principle would work on that.

Exactly what was going through my mind as I paddled beneath it (although with many more expletives, and a few extra prayers :eek: )

FrayedSanity

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yep, it was bad towards the end. Some of the areas seemed to be held up by. . .

actually I'm not quite sure what the hell was holding them up ;).

Last edited by a moderator:

iwben

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
nice one! loved reading that report and looking at the pics, congrats on a class job
ben

Xan_Asmodi

Cave Monster
28DL Full Member
This tunnel looks like it's sticking a finger up at Isaac Newton! Looks like a really "interesting" day out(!)

Has the 28DL flotilla got anymore voyages planned?

jkon2012

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Spanish armada ain't got shit on you guys... Love this canal report.. Got to be more of this around. My local canals are dried out tunnels now used for pedestrians.. Boring..

The Wombat

Mr Wombat
28DL Full Member
those are some serious cave ins!
Interesting viewing, looks like you guys enjoyed it; well the first part at least, understandably anxious the second part