real time web analytics
New book on closed tube stations | Books and Media | 28DaysLater.co.uk

New book on closed tube stations

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

N

Nick Catford

Can I recommend the latest edition of 'Abandoned Stations on London's Underground - a photographic record' by Jim Connor. This was first published in 2000 but this latest edition is revised and enlarged with lots of new pictures, many of them in colour. It lists and illustrates all the disused stations on the underground line by line. The book was published this week and costs £15.95. Available from the publishers Connor & Butler (Google their web site), the LT museum and good transport bookshops like Motor Books in London. ISBN978000000072.
A must for anyone interested in disused tube stations.

Nick

G

GO1

I've got the original of this book and will def be picking up the revised version when i'm up in London next week :eek:D

Great to find others interested in disused tube! The original was really really interesting so I hope the update is just as good!

GO

LUL

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Who needs a book when i get to go down into some of them. even though i get to go down in them i still find the subject interesting, have been to 3 so far on my travels around the network. the last and best one so far being the last one. will have to take a look at this book thanks for posting.

lul

LUL

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
next time i'm in one i'll try taking some pic's will only be with my mobile as not really possible to take my d-slr, last one i was in was mark lane, with one platform still existing and with the original platform advertising looking a little dusty but the colours where still bright and clear. where they have removed the platform cross over there are still posters above you when looking from track level.

G

GO1

Hey LUL, would love to see some photo's, even if they are only mobile ones...

Oh and I think we may still have your vulcan here :p was fantastic though, first time i've seen it flying at farnborough, sadly think there's something up with the brakes and it's now stuck with us for a while? Must pop past and see if it's still there this weekend!

snappel

BMW 4 LIFE
28DL Full Member
Who needs a book when i get to go down into some of them.
Probably those who're doing the necessary research to find their own ways into them, so they don't have restrictions on what they can do or have to pretend to 'work' at the same time.

Anyway, it's a good book, and worth the cover price.

nickg

Silent Assassin
28DL Full Member
Are the entrances to these places obvious? Or would you have to hunt around for them? Presumably they are well secure?

nickg

Silent Assassin
28DL Full Member
Thanks Mark... what a great link! Facinating.... Know what I'll be doing this afternoon... gazing into my monitor looking at disused underground stations! :D

Rookinella

I should have danced all night
28DL Full Member
Yup it looks like a good read for sure :) Don't forget railway trespass carries a fine of up to £1000 so check your bank balance first :p

Who has read this thread (Total: 1) View details