real time web analytics
General - - New To This (Well, Sort Of) | UK Draining Forum | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

General - New To This (Well, Sort Of)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Kal-El

Believe you can and you're halfway there.
28DL Full Member
same-o not one for this kind of thing as just prefer the derps really; but you being new to wanting to investigate and a small intrigue my side I look forward to seeing the reports also and perhaps one of the lads can let you go with them. I can see it is as much about adventure; for you as it is also about making friends and not wanting to go with work colleagues.

Its alot easier making pals on the derps, but more difficult on the drains and sewers do hope you don't have to splore on the ones, just to prove yourself worthy :/

Stumblinmonkey

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yes, but Draining isn't (or shouldn't be) a solo activity, and I don't know anyone else who is interested, or maybe closer to the truth, I don't want to share this with anyone I work with.

So, looking to make friends and find out how you guys operate.

I'm from from Hertfordshire and looking to explore the drains of our country! :)

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Try looking along river banks for outfalls, get an A-Z and look for where brooks dissapear on the map. The local library may have some information. Follow your towns main river and see what pipes outfall into it (if any!), ask around if anyone knows of some drains/tunnels. You will find at least one or two just looking about unexpectedly.

Who has read this thread (Total: 2) View details