real time web analytics
Newbie here from Manchester | New Members Introduction | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Newbie here from Manchester

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

TeamMayo

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi guys newbie here just a quick introduction.

I'm Ryan have liked the exploring game from my teen years. Lucky I have a good friend who is also into it we've been to a few places now and hope for many more we try to do at least one aweek.

Seen many good post on here. loving the history of some places

Anyway hope to get to know most of the people on here.

Thanks Ryan

host

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Welcome to the forum. Still some nice places to be had in Manchester.

TeamMayo

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Welcome to the forum. Still some nice places to be had in Manchester.
Yes I believe so I have found a bunker not far from where I live I have tried to make a report on it but every time I post it it disappears

host

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yes I believe so I have found a bunker not far from where I live I have tried to make a report on it but every time I post it it disappears
Not sure why ? As the mods. I hear the shelter in Stockport is open too if your into long dark tunnels.

Exploring with Andy

Behind Closed Doors
Staff member
Hi, thanks for joining and posting a report. We appreciate you have taken the time and effort to do so, however your thread wasn't approved for a few reasons. Please have a read of this this thread and read through the 'posting a report' section, particularly the points about thread title, history and image quality.

TeamMayo

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi, thanks for joining and posting a report. We appreciate you have taken the time and effort to do so, however your thread wasn't approved for a few reasons. Please have a read of this this thread and read through the 'posting a report' section, particularly the points about thread title, history and image quality.
Thanks and the only thing I can think why it wasn't approved is because of the history but I have don't know any as its no where to be found all I know its a WW2 bunker

Exploring with Andy

Behind Closed Doors
Staff member
Thanks and the only thing I can think why it wasn't approved is because of the history but I have don't know any as its no where to be found all I know its a WW2 bunker
Ok if you need it spelling out -
The thread title must consist of the name of the site, the general area and month and year of your visit. "Manchester underground bunker" isn't sufficient.
The wonky, poorly lit images do not make for good viewing. A bit of effort with the photography goes a long way when putting a report together. If it's possible, get back and take a bit of time to get some better photos. They don't need to be professional quality or anything like that, but just take your time to get them as good as you can manage. Also some of the images were repeated.
The lack of history is fine if you really can't find anything, but provide as much of the info you do know so others have something to go on. Many of our members are quite proficient in finding out information about places and will be able to fill in your blanks. However, the more you can provide the better, so provide a bit more of a specific location, for example, and maybe some info on how you came to find the place, etc.

If you're really struggling with info maybe start a thread in the Advice and Info forum with a couple of your pictures and all the info you know, asking if anyone knows the piece. It's likely someone will respond with all the details you need.

However, as it stands it doesn't cut it as an acceptable location report.

Last edited:

TeamMayo

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ok if you need it spelling out -
The thread title must consist of the name of the site, the general area and month and year of your visit. "Manchester underground bunker" isn't sufficient.
The wonky, poorly lit images do not make for good viewing. A bit of effort with the photography goes a long way when putting a report together. If it's possible, get back and take a bit of time to get some better photos. They don't need to be professional quality or anything like that, but just take your time to get them as good as you can manage. Also some of them images were repeated.
The lack of history is fine if you really can't find anything, but provide as much all the info you do know so others have something to go on. Many of our members are quite proficient in finding out information about places and will be able to fill in your blanks. However, the more you can provide the better, so provide a bit more of a specific location, for example, maybe some info on how you came to find the place, etc.

If you're really struggling with info maybe start a thread in the Advice and Info forum with a couple of your pictures and all the info you know, asking if anyone knows the piece. It's likely someone will respond with all the details you need.

However, as it stands it doesn't cut it as an acceptable location report.
No worries thanks for the advice šŸ‘