real time web analytics
Report - - Newmiln House Hotel, Perthshire - May 2018 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Newmiln House Hotel, Perthshire - May 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Brewtal

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I got the heads up about this places ages ago from a mate and kept meaning to go, but every time I was back up north seeing my folks I always had bigger and better places lined up. After a fail elsewhere I decided to swing by. Absolutely worth the detour for the staircase.

Built in 1855, Newmiln House Hotel in Perthshire is owned by Prince Abdul Aziz al-Thani, the brother of the Emir of Qatar, and has been used as a bolthole by the actors Jude Law and Liam Neeson and the model Kate Moss. The couple who spent 12 years renovating the hotel sold it to the prince for £2.3million in 1999 and continued to lease the estate and run the luxury hotel until they were evicted after a dispute over unpaid rent. In 2007 a police raid took place following a dispute between the owners. After discovering his wife was seeing someone else the husband rammed his 4x4 into a car after seeing his wife with another man. Over 700 rounds of illegal ammunition were found at the hotel following the raid.

qntqVqYl.jpg

Tg0jgBGl.jpg

PUuGJVml.jpg

Hrp1Nl4l.jpg

Q9KryGjl.jpg

p67HsDgl.jpg

d7ubtv2l.jpg

pV3mVOal.jpg

D29Rq04l.jpg

oy6TVAll.jpg

KtNbyTVl.jpg

0BtSl6dl.jpg

OTek8Ffl.jpg

vKqjmwNl.jpg

iOyRfVpl.jpg

obOsjipl.jpg

Q3tLtLel.jpg

y5e3L0zl.jpg

UTZ3M2Pl.jpg

4JINKcIl.jpg

XK0ce3xl.jpg

uTsTu7Tl.jpg

EFwUm9ml.jpg

N6HfImxl.jpg

k9mXPyTl.jpg

Thanks for looking!

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Another one added to my Scotland list for the annual pilgrimage later this year then! What a staircase, reminds me of the one at Pool Park.

Drewa1983

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Tried here a couple of months back but got asked to leave from the local farmer before I even got inside!
Hope to get back at some point. Looks like a great explore.

Brewtal

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Tried here a couple of months back but got asked to leave from the local farmer before I even got inside!
Hope to get back at some point. Looks like a great explore.
Yeah that’s happened to a few folk, the neighbours don’t like visitors!

Big D 65

28DL Member
28DL Member
I got the heads up about this places ages ago from a mate and kept meaning to go, but every time I was back up north seeing my folks I always had bigger and better places lined up. After a fail elsewhere I decided to swing by. Absolutely worth the detour for the staircase.

Built in 1855, Newmiln House Hotel in Perthshire is owned by Prince Abdul Aziz al-Thani, the brother of the Emir of Qatar, and has been used as a bolthole by the actors Jude Law and Liam Neeson and the model Kate Moss. The couple who spent 12 years renovating the hotel sold it to the prince for £2.3million in 1999 and continued to lease the estate and run the luxury hotel until they were evicted after a dispute over unpaid rent. In 2007 a police raid took place following a dispute between the owners. After discovering his wife was seeing someone else the husband rammed his 4x4 into a car after seeing his wife with another man. Over 700 rounds of illegal ammunition were found at the hotel following the raid.

qntqVqYl.jpg

Tg0jgBGl.jpg

PUuGJVml.jpg

Hrp1Nl4l.jpg

Q9KryGjl.jpg

p67HsDgl.jpg

d7ubtv2l.jpg

pV3mVOal.jpg

D29Rq04l.jpg

oy6TVAll.jpg

KtNbyTVl.jpg

0BtSl6dl.jpg