real time web analytics
Report - - NGTE Pyestock - December 2011 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - NGTE Pyestock - December 2011

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Seffy

Staff member
Visited with Grit, whodareswins and Sheepdisease.

We certainly didn't manage to get around the whole site, or even half for that matter and I'm not sure I've done the place justice, but wanted to show my take on the place and hopefully the others will add their photos etc.

This was our first time at Pyestock, so after hearing many a tale of tight security, police helicopters and tough fencing, we hit the road. We arrived at about 8 ish, so sadly our original plan of entering whilst it was dark was out the window!

We didn't hang around once at the perimeter, so after a few slightly painful minutes, we were making our way slowly but surely through the forest towards the first buildings. As we hadn't yet seen any secca around, we were slowly growing more suspicious, and our suspicions were confirmed when we looked across the forest.
Hit the deck!

P1050377.jpg

We soon found a small building to climb and get a look around:

P1050387.jpg

After a small comfort break, we carried on, and eventually found a suitable (but loud!) way through the temporary fencing. We made our way over to the first building; The Air House. Passed the CECA Plant on the way:

P1050466.jpg

We approached the Air House and soon found a cramped and messy way in, but a few minutes later we found our selves looking at a very recognisable site:

P1050515.jpg

P1050508.jpg

P1050489.jpg

After a while in here and having spent a fair amount of time up the crane, we heard the noise that you never want to hear when urbexing. Yes, it was a siren :eek: It was far too close to be going anywhere else. Suddenly all was quiet, I mean we hadn't driven all that way to get caught in the first building! Moments passed, and with only the odd, faint sound of voices in the distance, we thought maybe they had given up and moved on.

P1050554.jpg

But then... We heard another sound to stop us right in our tracks. T'was the distant but growing closer, sound of a chopper. Within seconds it was right over head and appeared to be circling the buildings around us. We thought that really was it and our trip would be ending there, it circled us for ages. What a complete waste of police time and money, when there was already a police car (or two) there anyway! :crazy

After what seemed like days, it decided to give up and leave. We thought we should move on, and, after having a quick look in the control room, out we went.

P1050560.jpg

P1050567.jpg

P1050641.jpg

P1050651.jpg

Next to the Plant House, interesting way of access but convenient all the same! We explored this undisturbed:

P1050666.jpg

P1050667.jpg

P1050722.jpg

P1050778.jpg

P1050758.jpg

P1050748.jpg

P1050703.jpg

P1050689.jpg

It then started to rain, so a perfect time for a bite to eat. After sorting out our food needs with a supermarket meal deal, we pressed on.

This is where things started to get interesting again. Just as we'd left the Plant House, we decided to head over and see what the buildings opposite had to offer. Completely forgetting about the very active security patrolling the site, wandered straight out into the road. We were half way across then Sheepdisease yelled "F**k". It was the next sound we didn't want to hear, the sound of a Land Rover 110 flying round the corner. We ran, and after a very painful collision with Grit, we hit the deck. We were so obvious it was crazy, and feeling sure that the guy in the Defender would see us, were getting ready to give our selves up. However, it looked like luck was on our side. He drove straight past. We weren't taking any chances though, we got up and made our way straight back to cover, thinking 'Right, he's just driven past, we shouldn't see him again for a little while'. But NO, sure enough, there was the sound again. He was coming back, and fast. We hit the deck again, and watching him through the trees, we waited. He stopped. Oh dear... But oh wait, he's moving again. Made no sense!

But any how, we took no chances and made our way safely to Cell 3:

P1050783.jpg

P1050825.jpg

P1050827.jpg

P1050822.jpg

P1050850.jpg

Hmm..?

P1050846.jpg

We got very distracted in here, after all, this is Pyestock. After we had been down in Cell 3 for at least 2 hours, I needed a new memory card from my bag, which was up on the main floor. Damn. So off I went, and as I did, was about to climb the last set of stairs when I saw some feet disappearing down next to the tunnel. I looked back, and there were my three fellow explorers right there, so who the hell was that? I shouted down but no answer. We saw this hooded figure again making their way out of the building a bit later on, again we shouted but they just kept on walking! Anyone on here who owns a blue hoody and blue trainers been to Pyestock recently?

We were just about to finish up, when more torches appeared from above. Two men, who sounded Polish and asked us what we were doing there. They may have been security, but I thought they weren't allowed in the buildings... weird. They then left, laughing away to themselves.

After that, and as it was now dark, we thought that was our cue to leave.We packed up and made our way slowly out of Pyestock.

A few quick shots on the way out:

P1050855.jpg

P1050852.jpg

We headed back into the forest that lies around the edge of the site. We weren't in any particular hurry to get out, until we saw a set of blue flashing lights drive slowly by alongside on the adjacent road. The coppers were back! :eek: That was it, we weren't waiting around. After hitting the ground a couple more times, we made our exit back over the fence.

We had done it (just). We will almost certainly be back here to cover the vast majority that we haven't covered.

A big thanks to Sheepdisease for driving too.

Thanks for looking, I know it was a long one!

WhoDaresWins

Let's do this
Regular User
It was a great day indeed, very exciting. So, they may well of been metal thieves then, could also explain the police helicopter and sirens. Great report seffy, really detailed! And greats pics too as always!

I have cuts all over my hands and legs!

Heres a few of my pics:

6590249367_5693b84721_z.jpg

6590255171_78ccf61d86_z.jpg

6590266309_9d47b90bcc_z.jpg

6590280435_6bb6cd9771_z.jpg

6590322971_236c0bd0a1_z.jpg

6590326249_bbfe55397a_z.jpg

6590324841_814ef7bd89_z.jpg

Grit

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
top report mate, showed the day perfectly!

Plenty of scares and enigmas yet to be solved and a very exciting day!
DSC02920.jpg

picladder.jpg

pano.jpg

pano2.jpg

pic4.jpg

ic4.jpg

pic7.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic2.jpg

picasait.jpg

such an awesome place, got to return sometime!

Hidden

28DL Full Member
Quality stuff, will never tire of photos from here and they’re always accompanied by great tales of adventures. Definitely miss these days!

Hidden

28DL Full Member
Quality stuff, will never tire of photos from here and they’re always accompanied by great tales of adventures. Definitely miss these days!