real time web analytics
Report - - NGTE Pyestock Water Treatment Plant, Fleet March 2021 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - NGTE Pyestock Water Treatment Plant, Fleet March 2021

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
A little footnote from earlier in the year I never got around to uploading it would seem.

I was in the area delivering something for work so thought I'd pay a visit here, the part of Pyestock that everyone overlooked back in the day - and for good reason because why would you bother with this treatment plant when the behemoth of Pyestock was just over the road!

Everyone knows about Pyestock, and if you don't I suggest you read up on the incredible archive site www.ngte.co.uk - it's without parallel. The facility has been almost totally levelled since 2013/2014, with the exception of the still operational Sigma building, the battered Anechoic Chamber everyone seems to still flock to (including a lot of the newer generation with no clue about what the rest of the site was!) and the water treatment facility hidden away across Bramshot Lane on the southeastern side of the site. Bramshot Lane is a relatively new road extension constructed alongside the Cody Technology Park nearby, and as such the water treatment plant used to be inside the original Pyestock site boundary. In later years it was in it's own dedicated compound over the road, and the pipework necessary to function snaked it's way both over and under the road.

As it was a weekday, there was plenty of activity going on over at the main site as houses are now springing up like a rash on the once empty wasteland, so we stuck to the outskirts and had a nose around the treatment plant which seems to get totally ignored. It was nice and easy, although at a couple of points along the fenceline there are PIR-type alarms attached to panels going across the site - we only noticed these after walking past a couple and nothing happened, although at one point a hi-vis man did seem to appear at the site entrance but never ventured inside. There was access into one of the buildings but having a nose through a window it didn't look too interesting - the majority of stuff here to see is outdoors. There was also a fairly dangerous way to climb up to the walkway around the biggest tank, which we both didn't fancy.

I only had my phone with me this time as we were supposed to be working, but managed to get some photos anyway showing an often forgotten Pyestock relic.

Thanks for looking :)

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
At least it another piece of this place covered..looks like the kids have been getting in for a while

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Nice to see something different from the area. Looks extensive. Nice report.

Who has read this thread (Total: 215) View details