real time web analytics
Night Photography | Photo Threads | Page 6 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Night Photography

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

J4M35_UK

MEDOTDOOTC
28DL Full Member
J4M35_UK - half your pics are gone from the first post - are they coming back - or shall I delete the duds?

EDIT: - most of your pics, on most of your reports are gone mate.

Yeah I did something with flickr, so just delete the duds for now if that's ok. I had a word with O to the Jay and I'll sort the reports out in the new year.

blueprint

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The college is still there and easily doable, they're just restoring one building right at the back.

Me and a mate hit this place yesterday. It's pretty trashed, but still a good runabout. Also quite a significant drive.
It's not that well secured.

twisted fish

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Me and a mate hit this place yesterday. It's pretty trashed, but still a good runabout. Also quite a significant drive.
It's not that well secured.

not secured, the gate is wide open lol

as for the car the tec bit is tight, well it was the first time i went, dint think to check on christmas day,

flip

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
one of my newies :) -
5326877235_b47c2bb6b7_z.jpg

AJ

AJ
28DL Full Member
Is the kit lense (18-55mm IS) that comes with the camera suitable for decent night photography pictures?

You'll achieve average results that will not compare to the clarity, contrast, focus and speed of a good quality lens. It'll be good for you to start with, though.

likez2fly

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I am selling my canon 50mm 1.8 II with the rig, is this a wise idea?

As in a Canon EOS fit 50mm f1.8 mkII lens? If so, I would keep hold of it, it will fit your 550d, give you some good scope in lower light, it is a pretty good portrait lens on the crop sensor (field of view equivalent to an 80mm lens on full frame/35mm), and focus in pretty close. All in all, it is a cracking lens to have in your kit bag (I have one, it takes up hardly any space, adds hardly any weight, but is a cracking piece of kit!).

Bunk3r

28DL Memb3r
28DL Full Member
^agreed, the 50mm is probably the most common second lens people buy, not without a good reason. the kit 18-55 will do night on a tripod stuff fine, but as usual a better lens can yield sharper results. (my DSLR pics are with the nikon kit 18-55mm).

Who has read this thread (Total: 325) View details