real time web analytics
Night Photography | Photo Threads | Page 7 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Night Photography

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

SaltGeorge

Сталкер
28DL Full Member
I've just made a blurb book of all my best night photography for one of my modules.
Go and check it out if you want, you can preview a lot of the pages =]

Forgotten Britain by Christopher Bethell | Blurb Books

(and if you fancy buying it that would be lovely =p)

Looks good.. only pages I wasn't keen on were the tube carriages at HSL, seemed odd having the full-page double spread where every other double spread has at least one side (left) as a smaller image on-black. But that's just a minor thing.

Everyonefreezes

tinyurl.com/yzfp8dt
28DL Full Member
Thanks for the feedback, i have a few other pages like that in there as well, just not visible.
I mainly did it to make a feature of the shots as tonally they didn't fit in with the rest but i felt i needed them in there.

O

Oldskool

Japan-Hong kong

osakab-085.jpg

osakab-039.jpg

HONGKONG_0887.jpg

lovely

Horus

Butt Wipe
28DL Full Member
Just bought a remote for my Canon so had to go check it out

IMG_0028.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

blueprint

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yeah I also bought a remote recently...it's gotta be done. It's opened up lots of possibilities and makes you wanna go and test it out.

Nice shots too! It must have been pitch black!!

dicky21

28DL Full Member
Some amazing shots on this thread! I only have a compact but I still have a choice of f2.8, 5.6 and 8 something....as well as exposure times of 1-30s. Might as well give it a go and see what results I can yield.

I also downloaded a very interesting ebook the other day called "Night Photography - Finding your way in the dark". It has some really good examples, hints, tips, techniques, info and tutorials etc. and definitely worth a look.

{link removed}

Last edited by a moderator:

Daniel07881

28DL Member
28DL Member
Been trying out my new camera in London over the last couple of days and thought i'd post a few of the fairly decent ones. Really new to this (started in December) so any tips would be greatly appreciated:

IMG_19111.jpg

IMG_18801.jpg

IMG_18631.jpg

IMG_1833_edited-1.jpg

IMG_1794_edited-1.jpg

IMG_1776_edited-1.jpg

IMG_1749_edited-1.jpg

SaltGeorge

Сталкер
28DL Full Member
This is one from a while ago that wasn't quite as succesful as it could have been, but might inspire someone if they have the right location.

3626339237_0df92ef7fc.jpg

I attracted a little attention from the local constabulary doing this, no problems, just interested.. apparently midnight photography in the park is thought a little odd.

The council provided the uplighters (T5 flourescents, really nasty greenish tint - they've since been covered over) and I added some sheets of theatre gel for the blue and red effect. The chapel is known as Red Mount and the original intention was to paint the chapel red, but unfortunately the gel was too strong a filter and not as effective as the blue (a weaker filter grade).

Skyephoto

28DL Member
28DL Member
I'm the author of the book you linked to yesterday- Night Photography, Finding Your Way IN The Dark. Thanks for mentioning it, but the link you posted is from an illegal file sharing site. Please remove your link. I spent nearly a year working on the book, and it stinks that people are stealing it. I'm just a guy trying to make a living ($1.25 per book sold mind you) from the knowledge I've collected over many years. Every download is a legal copy not sold. Thanks for understanding.
Lance Keimig
www.thenightskye.com

I also downloaded a very interesting ebook the other day called "Night Photography - Finding your way in the dark". It has some really good examples, hints, tips, techniques, info and tutorials etc. and definitely worth a look.

Its 57mb but shouldn't take too long to download.... enjoy: :thumb

[

BenCooper

Mr Boombastic
28DL Full Member
Aye, it'd be hypocritical of us to complain about newspapers stealing our images if we condoned unauthorised file sharing, so I've removed the link.

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Not really practised much night photography still playing with the settings on my camera...slightly limited by the maximum 8-second shutter speed but it does the job pretty well. Here are a few from my recent night out in Oxford with thewoodland

5369060436_418883c21c_z.jpg

5369077028_3348690d7c_z.jpg

5368459331_b28b469f2d_z.jpg

5369114274_4af59fd32c_z.jpg

5368511121_f319fa5d5e_z.jpg

Who has read this thread (Total: 325) View details