real time web analytics
Report - - North West Storm Relief, Hammersmith Storm Relief, Serpents Lair & Brook Green Storm Relief, London 2017 to 2019 | UK Draining Forum | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - North West Storm Relief, Hammersmith Storm Relief, Serpents Lair & Brook Green Storm Relief, London 2017 to 2019

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hmmmmm.......

DzyTEpfUUAAGs9O.jpg

tallginge

more tall than ginger tho.....
Regular User
Thanks for nice comments all, glad pics are working again.

loved the exchange with the plain clothed police :thumb

Thanks yeah it's not often that they make it so easy to ridicule them. I should've just opened the lid, climbed down and walked off. If they'd noticed, they wouldn't have followed me down. Trying to imagine the phone conversation between the copper and his sergeant if I did that. "No he's not a burglar but we found his van hidden in plain sight around the corner and there was a sledge hammer on the passenger seat. He's wearing waders and we checked - he's also got a date of birth. No we can't just arrest him, he's currently shouting obscenities at us from the bottom of the 20ft ladder. Is there anything we can do, except close the lid?

Cracking report and pics mate - nice to see what I missed from inside the pumping station!
It was great to relive much of this again as I read though it. The trips to the NWSR seem so long ago now with all the other things we have seen since. ;)
That final part of the NKSR is still a little bit of a mystery to me but is now a little clearer.
Glad you enjoyed these drains as much as I did. :thumb

Thanks bud. Yeah I thought the same as I put the pics together - it always brings back good memories. Just the Ranelagh to put together now. That'll take a while and bring back many more good memories. Yeah we'll have to pay another visit to the end of the NKSR / Counters Creek junction. Wish I'd got more photo's from there now and yeah getting on with 'em int we. :D Still so much more there though.

What are those things that look like lamps hanging down? Ultrasound flow monitoring/relaying devices perhaps?

Yeah think so mate, can hear / feel the ultrasound bounce back off me skull sometimes if I don't notice them

Cool report, got a few drains eyed up in scotland.

Good to hear it mate :thumb I'm usually very much above ground when i'm up there so haven't really put the effort in. Looking forward to seeing what you come across

Smashed it Ginge, always lots of waffle with you! ;)

Yeah man :D

Adders

living in a cold world
Regular User
Absolute smasher guys, plus some seriously nice photos to go with. Can fucking taste the fresh reading through that.

tarkovsky

SWC
Regular User
YES BO$$. This is awesome, as expected (had to use a different browser to get the photos working but glad I did). So many interesting features here, really enjoyed it.

tallginge

more tall than ginger tho.....
Regular User
Absolute smasher guys, plus some seriously nice photos to go with. Can fucking taste the fresh reading through that.

Thanks mate, yeah so could we stoopin through that 4' connector pipe to 'soup kitchen'. I remembered I'd brought goon masks especially for it but not until after I'd nearly suffered horrific splashback! I offered them to @TheVicar who was somewhat more reluctant and only halfway through but he 'declined' - i won't repeat what he actually said :thumb

YES BO$$. This is awesome, as expected (had to use a different browser to get the photos working but glad I did). So many interesting features here, really enjoyed it.

Thanks mate. Bit weird that you should have to use a different browser but at least you could see them. Yeah no shortage of interesting features under that part of london :thumb

TVurbex

TV Locations Aficionado
28DL Full Member
Some of the most fetid looking and stomach-churning photos I've seen on here but absolutely fascinating. I particularly enjoyed the glimpses of daylight in 'Serpents Lair'... where is it shining in from? Apologies, my draining knowledge is extremely limited/non-existent!

Edit: I get it now... this is Hammersmith Pumping Station :)

Last edited:

Killa

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Another beauty, very well explained, and quality photography in very grim conditions. Nicely annotated map at the beginning:thumb

Sluice

28DL Member
28DL Member
The hump in the NWSR that you thought was the NKSR crossing isn't, it's the Hammersmith SRS Duplication. The NKSR runs parallel with the NWSR after it drops under the Counters Creek weir chamber and joins the Duplication branch just before it passes through the NWSR. The drain down pipe from the hump does connect to the NKSR just before it joins the Duplication sewer but all of this is downstream of where you were looking and saw what you thought was the corresponding hole i.e. when you came across the hump in the NWSR you had gone further than you thought and had passed the Counters Creek sewer.

Last edited:

Who has read this thread (Total: 328) View details