real time web analytics
Report - - Northgate House Darlington County Durham February 2020 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Northgate House Darlington County Durham February 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

MarkusCP87

Undiscovered locations in the UK
28DL Full Member
This is my first time doing a building like this and didn't know what to expect when entering the building.

The ten storey high building was mostly a shell but being able to get on the roof was a site to behold, unfortunately I only had my phone at the time so my pictures are not as good as I wanted them to be and with it being nighttime.
Access was a bit of a pain, but was worth it in the end.
Seems to be the local smash up joint for the local kids as well, as I encountered about 10 of them in the premises.
It's one I've known about for years and pretty chuffed that I finally got to experience it.

The building was closed in 2012 and is also the highest building Darlington.
Plans are to turn the building into flats or a hotel from what I have found online.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Would love to see your day photos, I love a huge place to mooch around in

nyx.921

28DL Member
28DL Member
cool to see what that building actually looks like inside, always wondered that whenever i drove past

UrbanExNorthEast

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
As someone who lives in Middlesbrough I love this post. Was it intimidating being in the building at night and encountering the 10 youngsters? As a newbie to Urban Exloring that’s my number one fear at the moment - especially if they’re intimidating.

Also I have to echo what others have said, I’d love to see the daytime photos.

MarkusCP87

Undiscovered locations in the UK
28DL Full Member
As someone who lives in Middlesbrough I love this post. Was it intimidating being in the building at night and encountering the 10 youngsters? As a newbie to Urban Exloring that’s my number one fear at the moment - especially if they’re intimidating.

Also I have to echo what others have said, I’d love to see the daytime photos.
I was with 2 other lads and the kids were fine, I've walked into people injecting, been chased by dogs, the lot, so not much phases me now Haha.
I do need to do another report on the vist as my pics are far better.

teemupukki22

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi mate, just wondering how you managed to get into the building. Are there any entrances round the side? Thanks

chills

Queller of the uprising
Hi mate, just wondering how you managed to get into the building. Are there any entrances round the side? Thanks

Maybe go have a look yourself? Asking outright for entrances doesn’t usually go down too well especially as you haven’t contributed anything to the site.

Before you progress any further on the site, have a read of the following link to help you get a feel of the site and how things work:

teemupukki22

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Maybe go have a look yourself? Asking outright for entrances doesn’t usually go down too well especially as you haven’t contributed anything to the site.

Before you progress any further on the site, have a read of the following link to help you get a feel of the site and how things work:

Thanks

Last edited:

chills

Queller of the uprising
I just thought it'd be easier to ask given I'm doing a bit of research on the building and thought Markus might want to help. No worries though

I equally wouldn’t advertise when you’re planning on looking at or visiting a site as this is a public forum known to be viewed by owners and security; I’m sure you wouldn’t want a welcome party.

Further to this, @MarkusCP87 may be willing to help you out, but considering you didn’t reply to his comment and just commented on the report itself, I’m sure he hasn’t seen your request.

Last edited:

Who has read this thread (Total: 479) View details