real time web analytics
Report - - Paris Catacombes 25/04/07 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Paris Catacombes 25/04/07

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Planned as a solo trip but that changed as soon as I got close to the start point. Some French lads were there, harmless enough, I thought they might be graffers or something. Anyway, we all headed off to the 'start point' and I asked them if they were going under. They said yes, but didn't know where it was. They had some inadequate maps and a little local knowledge / urban myths had got them this far.

A little conversation and we were off for a tour.

Rue Sarratte...

IMG_1223.jpg

then to the castle room...

IMG_1225.jpg

IMG_1226.jpg

Then the Flowers room, then Le Plage, then Le Cellier...

IMG_1229.jpg

IMG_1232.jpg

IMG_1234.jpg

IMG_1237.jpg

That actually took about 4 hours, it was now 02.00 and the guys were getting tired :gay

So, out we go, exit by the sand crawl route :eek:

So, I see them to the exit and then head North to Ansluz for the night. It was now 05.00. Woke up freezing at 07.30, sorted that out and stayed in bed till midday...

IMG_1238.jpg

After sorting my kit out, decided to explore Salle Z and Val de Grace again. Lots of big arches and long crawls, always worth seeing.

Chess board and Chopin in Val de Grace...

IMG_1246.jpg

This room, Balloons, was notable. As cata rooms go, it's clean and suitable for eating / cooking / sleeping. There's anchor points for hammocks as well, even more if we repair one of them with some epoxy.

IMG_1252.jpg

Anyway, it's now late afternoon, appointment with Beer and Food, the noobs, then Rug this evening so I made an exit through a new route. Thanks for the info Rug.

Who has read this thread (Total: 3) View details