real time web analytics
Report - - Permanite Asphalt, Matlock, Derbyshire - March 2023 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Permanite Asphalt, Matlock, Derbyshire - March 2023

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Osprey

28DL Member
28DL Member
Some History About The Place

Permanite Asphalt was incorporated as Padbow Limited in 1989 and used this site to manufacture asphalt products, mainly flooring blocks that were used as waterproofing. In 2009 the company left the site and dissolved in 2016, leaving the factory behind.

The site itself

As it's now been abandoned for 14 years it is in quite a state of decay, however the majority of the structure seems fairly intact; including the upper walkways and staircases. As it's an open area, vandals, graffiti artists and scrap thieves have left their mark throughout the place.

And now the photos.

A building near the entrance to the site.
IMG_2412.jpg

FE14751E-8E1F-4EC5-BA94-6CF2C4CF57F7.jpeg

The way upstairs, would't recommend as it seemed very unsteady.
IMG_2413.jpg

IMG_2415.jpg
And then on the way further into the site is a concrete wall, maybe the remains of a building but is now a popular graffiti spot.
IMG_2432.jpg

tempImageb114Jt.jpg

tempImageykBey1.jpg

tempImageczycHy.jpg

A view of the main building on the approach.
IMG_2442.jpg

IMG_2444.jpg

IMG_2445.jpg

And now inside.
IMG_2448.jpg
What appear to be ovens/furnaces of some description.
IMG_2452.jpg

IMG_2450.jpg

IMG_2451.jpg

IMG_2453.jpg

IMG_2454.jpg

Around the side of the building, some shelter from the rain.
IMG_2456.jpg

One of the two "main halls".
IMG_2459.jpg

IMG_2462.jpg

The second hall.
IMG_2467.jpg

IMG_2468.jpg

IMG_2476.jpg

IMG_2469.jpg

IMG_2482.jpg

Back outside again.​
IMG_2485.jpg

IMG_2500.jpg

And that's all of the decent pictures I have of this place but I'll be revisiting in the summer to get a different feel for the place, see how nature takes over.

This was my first post on the site so I hope you enjoy my photos!

Have a great day everyone

IMG_2486.jpg

dansgas1000

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Nice report and well covered, I haven't seen that first building you posted, probably partially because I'm not very observant and secondly because I accessed the site from the other end. Nice pics anyway :thumb

Osprey

28DL Member
28DL Member
Nice report and well covered, I haven't seen that first building you posted, probably partially because I'm not very observant and secondly because I accessed the site from the other end. Nice pics anyway :thumb
Cheers mate! I know which way you mean as that’s where I went when I found the place the first time but that building is closer to the entrance near Sainsbury’s, both end up in the same spot eventually though

HughieD

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Looking a bit tired now, but still plenty to offer if you've not seen it before. Decent report that.