real time web analytics
Report - - Permanite Asphalt Works, Derbyshire - September 2022 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Permanite Asphalt Works, Derbyshire - September 2022

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

dansgas1000

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Introduction
On a trip to Derbyshire to cover a few locations back in September last year, me and @V50jake visited this old Asphalt Works.

History & Information
This place has been done to death over the years and I'm pretty late to the party so I won’t go into too much detail. The Permanite Asphalt company was established in 1989 and was later known as Ruberoid which is part of the IKO Group. The site itself was home to the manufacture of asphalt flooring blocks which are used to waterproof the flooring of buildings.

Located just outside of Matlock, the site is said to have closed in 2009 following a relocation to Grangemill. As for the future of the site, it looks like hundreds of houses may be constructed as it is now owned by a developer. Nearly 600 homes may be built on the site but the site still remains derelict despite the developers putting in a planning application almost 5 years ago.

Courtesy of Google Earth, here is a satellite view of the site in December 2000:

2000.PNG

The Explore
The entry to the site was extremely easy and there was a suitable place to park nearby. There were a few drone pilots on site when we visited and there was also a local walking his dog who told us a bit about the site. The buildings are pretty stripped out but some nice features remain, and I was happy because I enjoy anything industrial.

Onto the photos:

1.jpg

2.jpg

8.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

Thanks for looking.

DaveFM

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice big corrugated roof, were you in the big brick building, looks like its on a few levels inside?

dansgas1000

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Nice big corrugated roof, were you in the big brick building, looks like its on a few levels inside?
That roof is holding up pretty well isn't it! The brick building did have an upstairs but I didn't go up there, wish I did though.

dansgas1000

28DL Regular User
Regular User

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Nice crisp set from here mate. I liked it for the graffiti. The grimy industrial part is good as well. Did you not go upstairs then.

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Nice to see this old classsic again, its one of them places I really cant fathom why they haven't just flattened it tbh.

dansgas1000

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Nice crisp set from here mate. I liked it for the graffiti. The grimy industrial part is good as well. Did you not go upstairs then.
Thank you mate, yeah some of the graffiti was pretty good I should've got more pics really. I walked past the stairs and said to myself I was going to go up there after doing a couple of other shots and then just completely forgot sadly!

Nice to see this old classsic again, its one of them places I really cant fathom why they haven't just flattened it tbh.
Yeah it seems odd that they haven't demolished it. Cheers mate.

fastchrisuk

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Great set of photos, I’ve spent days in here shooting models and nights waving lights in the dark and only once did I encounter a security ‘chap’ 😳😂

dansgas1000

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Great set of photos, I’ve spent days in here shooting models and nights waving lights in the dark and only once did I encounter a security ‘chap’ 😳😂
Thank you mate. Surprised you saw any secca there to be honest! Thought they gave up on that place long long ago.

Who has read this thread (Total: 245) View details