real time web analytics
Report - - Peterborough District Hospital May 2013 (Pic Heavy, Admin please advise on any issue) | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Peterborough District Hospital May 2013 (Pic Heavy, Admin please advise on any issue)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

scottj

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Being born and bred in Peterborough, this was clearly on my top ten list of wants ever since it shut it's doors in 2010. At last look this was very secure for a long time, but judging by some parts of the Hospital, it's clear that it's been 'Done' (Scrap Metal Thieves) more than once. It's still apparent that it's being looked after as it would appear that recently there are static security vehicles on site! This could mean that it's redevelopment plans are soon to be in place? Anyway, on with the report. Meeting my new Urbex pal at the site both Camera-less we both decided that we would return the next day ;) Tommygun and myself had the greatest of mooches :) the site is huge so don't go over if you are short of time.
I'm afraid that my picture taking needs work, as does my camera need upgrading. This aside, on with the report!

Taken from Wiki:

The War Memorial Hospital, which opened on Midland Road in 1928, was transferred to the National Health Service in 1948, coming under No. 12 Group (Peterborough and Stamford Hospitals Management Committee) of the East Anglian Regional Hospitals Board. Also transferred were Thorpe Hall (maternity 1943–1970), The Gables (maternity 1947–1970), the Smallpox Hospital (1884–1970), Isolation Hospital (1901–1981), and St. John's Close (mentally ill c.1930–1971). The neo-Georgian Memorial Hospital (now the Memorial Wing) was later enlarged by the massive addition of Peterborough District Hospital, built in continuous phases between 1960 and 1968 and including, from 1970, Peterborough Maternity unit.
Peterborough District Hospital in the United Kingdom was the acute general district hospital serving the city of Peterborough and north Cambridgeshire, areas of east Northamptonshire and Rutland. Located on Thorpe Road and West Town, it was decommissioned in 2010, with services transferring to the new Peterborough City Hospital.

Some pics!

The frontage and Childrens Hospital.
DSCF3422.jpg

Glass Bricks!
DSCF3409.jpg

Operating Theater!
DSCF3399.jpg

A&E/Casualty Waiting Room!
DSCF3392.jpg

Staircase!
DSCF3383.jpg

Reading time!
DSCF3367.jpg

Happiness is.....
DSCF3357.jpg

The End Is Near!
DSCF3350.jpg

Playground!
DSCF3302.jpg

Window Painting!
DSCF3273.jpg

Long Hallways!
DSCF3263.jpg

Stairway to heaven!
DSCF3412.jpg

Keys!
DSCF3419.jpg

What a view!
DSCF3417.jpg

Thanks for looking.

All the pics can be seen here. Peterborough District Hospital Photos by twab123 | Photobucket