real time web analytics
Report - - Pool parc asylum - wales march 2016 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Pool parc asylum - wales march 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

tazong

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
A brief history:

Pool Park was built as a manor house between 1826-29 for the second Lord Bagot. The house was sold to the Tate family (of Tate & Lyle) as a family home. In 1937 the house was sold again to the North Wales Counties Mental Hospital who developed the property into a hospital to relieve the overcrowded Denbigh Asylum. The hospital had accommodation for 87 patients. The hospital closed in 1990, shortly before the closure of its parent hospital.

A planning application was submitted for the conversion of the property into a 60-apartment residential home. The plans were rejected and the house has since fallen into a severe state of disrepair.

Some photos on the day:

DSC_0096.jpg

DSC_0080.jpg

DSC_0082.jpg

DSC_0081.jpg

DSC_0088.jpg

DSC_0095.jpg

DSC_0100.jpg

DSC_0104.jpg

DSC_0106.jpg

DSC_0115.jpg

DSC_0125.jpg

DSC_0128.jpg

DSC_0085.jpg

Before i start - there are a few things i want to point out - the first is i always do solo explores for the moment anyway as i feel its the best way to sort of learn your craft and develop your own style,Also try not to make a fool of yourself when i do start joint explores.
I have delibertly shown all footage so to show when i do my reccy around the building you can see there is only one way in and one way out - this is important to see and you will see why later.
This was my first explore out of my county - way way out of my county , i am a good ammount of miles from home - completly alone in a unknown place.
I am convinced the voices and dog i hear are security and have been called by the the farm as i enter the place at the begining.
this was a very scary explore for me - i have run a countdown clock to show from the point of entry to when i hear the voices was a very close thing.
I really dont speak to much when i am inside as i dont really want to give myself away - if you look at this video from the saftey of your home or you do exploring with mates etc.
You may be thinking no big deal - when your alone and along way from home - the feeling is almost indescribable - almost every emotion hits you at once - that alone sets a confusion inside your brain - i literally just have to stop myself for a minute to think about what my plan of action is.
Knowing there is only one way in and out - i basically know i am trapped - if people enter and are not security - i know i am in big trouble.
Not knowing what your friend or foe is - makes it very difficult to know what action to take.
In the video i have inserted some notes as to whats going through my head at the time and what i am planning on doing.
The biggest fear of all is not knowing what is waiting for me or for what person(s) or event is coming my way - I guess thats why a lot of people are scared of the dark - that unknown darkness and whats hidden in it.
Finally it would of been very easy to stick a haunting type music on with sound effects on and try to make it more scarey - darken the film up etc - i really dont like that sort of thing so have tried to keep it real as it was shot - i have tried to lighten the mood with a couple of peices of music as for me - the ordeal was intense enough - humour is my way of dealing with stuff.

Anyway on with the video:

Hope you enjoy
:-)

WildBoyz

Is this the future?
28DL Full Member
This is all very entertaining lol. "Might as well take a few pictures"; I think we've all had that feeling at some point when we assume we're about to get caught.

You seem like an edgy guy; I know you talked about it above, but why not try exploring with some others and you might find you gain more confidence? More often than not encountering other people in places like this doesn't turn out to be bad.

scotty markfour

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
enjoyed that vid , well done !.....if you want to see what the rest looks like ? then read my report on pool parc 2015 by scotty markfour

jsp77

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I see you have finally got your new camera out, your pics have come out fine.

I mostly explore alone and agree things can spook you out, but it's about over coming your fears.

Anyway the more you go the easier it becomes.

Lancashire lad

chief taster for costa coffee
28DL Full Member
I can tell you when I explored here also a long way from home we heard the dogs too , they turns out to be three pretty big collies that live in the house next door and belond to the farmer nothing to worry about , also did you not explore the engine house to the side and the stables ???/

tazong

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
You seem like an edgy guy; I know you talked about it above, but why not try exploring with some others and you might find you gain more confidence? More often than not encountering other people in places like this doesn't turn out to be bad.

To be honest - if they had been fellow explorers i would have been very releived - i think not knowing who it was just made it worse - If they Had been explorers i think they would have entered the building - i do not know?
I was edgy on this explore - so far from home i think did not help but thank you for your kind advice and encouragment as always.

enjoyed that vid , well done !.....if you want to see what the rest looks like ? then read my report on pool parc 2015 by scotty markfour

I seen all your posts bud - i love em :-)

I see you have finally got your new camera out, your pics have come out fine.

I mostly explore alone and agree things can spook you out, but it's about over coming your fears.

Anyway the more you go the easier it becomes.

Thank you bud - yes i agree a very kind fellow forum member here told me that fear and terror lets you know that your alive :-)

I can tell you when I explored here also a long way from home we heard the dogs too , they turns out to be three pretty big collies that live in the house next door and belond to the farmer nothing to worry about , also did you not explore the engine house to the side and the stables ???/

I heard dogs all the time i was there - they were at the farm - the dog i heard was with the two of three persons at the window - i did not explore the engine house to the side and the stables because i was to busy changing the pants i just shit from the experence before hand :-)

ZerO81

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
A couple of things to note from this video:-

1.) Not the best idea to walk straight up the front drive, that's bound to draw attention to yourself.
2.) I suspect you missed an obvious access point, which I am sure I noticed from watching the video.
3.) The torch light is bound to draw attention to yourself, plenty of missing boards from the windows would have allowed you to navigate round without having to use the torch, especially if you are bothered about people outside.

tazong

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Once again thanks for all the feedback i do appreciate it.

30 minute video, I don't think I've ever spent 30 minutes in there

I understand what your saying paul - I think the main thing to bare in mind here is, i have only been doing this for 3 months - so something i find intresting you may not second glance at - i am sure you have been on many great explores so a place like this may not seem that signifacant but to me i was like a kid in a sweet shop - i am sure over time that may happen to me but to be honest i hope not - i just enjoy the explore for what it is no matter what i see.

I cant believe I watched all that video and nothing happened :( Don't know what I was expecting though

Sorry brainl - will bring some scantily clad bikini girls with me next time and will conga round the place :-) - i know what you mean it was sort of a anti climax but to be honest i am kind of glad i did not see anyone when i got outside - thank you for watching video thou.
:thumb

1.) Not the best idea to walk straight up the front drive, that's bound to draw attention to yourself.
2.) I suspect you missed an obvious access point, which I am sure I noticed from watching the video.
3.) The torch light is bound to draw attention to yourself, plenty of missing boards from the windows would have allowed you to navigate round without having to use the torch, especially if you are bothered about people outside.

I totally agree i should have gone through the woods - still learning so my bad on that count.

On the access point i think i know where you mean it was just a single room that you could have entered but it would not of got you in to the main building , it was just a old shell of a outer room.

On the light part - i have done a lot of experimenting with go pro cameras and they really dont like bad light - images come out very poor and grainy even with a fair bit of light .
I think me turning the light off in there would have really set panic inside me - I hoped they would have been urban explorers - i would of just gone over and said hi - I think not knowing who it was - really was the scary part to be honest.
Thank you kindly for the feedback and advice - this newbie does need it.
:thumb

BrainL

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Bikini girls would have been fun haha. Glad you didn't run into anything dodgy and got out safe anyway mate

Lavino

28DL Full Member
One song springs to mind. Maybe should be edited into the back ground of your video..

tazong

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
lmao - ahh ozzy many years ago i used to shake my head very violently to that fella - which could explain a few things :-)
In many ways i wish you had been in my shoes then you really would know if it was paranoia?

The is only one answer i can give:

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member

4) it was never an asylum.
5) North Wales Counties Lunatic Asylum was never called Denbigh Asylum