real time web analytics
Report - - Pool Parc Hospital, Ruthin - Wales. November 2018 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Pool Parc Hospital, Ruthin - Wales. November 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Perry_92

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Although I haven't seen a report on here in the last year (ish) I do know the history on this place is already on here so I will keep it brief - It was built in 1862. firstly It was owned by various wealthy people until bought by North Wales County Mental hospital in 1937 and used as an overflow for the already huge, Denbigh Asylum. During World War 2 I also believe it had some sort of POW camp on the grounds as well. It closed its doors in 1989 and has been left to sit in the welsh countryside ever since!

THE EXPLORE
It was an early start for @fxckexplore - 2 non members and myself as we had a 170 mile journey to complete in order to reach this location and then on to another afterwards. We made it in good time and decided to ditch the car a 15 minute walk from the actual site in a little pull in/car park, and continue the journey on foot. Access was pretty straightforward and once we were inside the atmosphere seemed to change dramatically... none of us could quite explain what it was but it was leery to say the least! As we made our way through the building it was clear to see two things, the first being that the building had been stripped of pretty much everything apart from the odd object here and there and secondly - there had been very recent activity around the site with regards to securing it and stabilising it. Luckily the grand staircase was as it were, which made for some good shots but other than that the building was relatively bare. Although there was a little room in the the basement that was almost set up as if it were some sort of bedroom! All in all it wasn't a bad little stop off & explore whilst we were on our way to the famous Denbigh :)

Now for some pics.....

IMG_0234.JPG

IMG_0238.JPG

IMG_0240.JPG

IMG_0241.JPG

IMG_0243.JPG

IMG_0245.JPG

IMG_0246.JPG

IMG_0247.JPG

IMG_0249.JPG

IMG_0251.JPG

IMG_0253.JPG

IMG_0255.JPG

IMG_0259.JPG

IMG_0264.JPG

IMG_0266.JPG

IMG_0271.JPG

IMG_0272.JPG

IMG_0274.JPG

IMG_0276.JPG

IMG_0279.JPG

IMG_0280.JPG

IMG_0283.JPG

IMG_0284.JPG

IMG_0285.JPG

IMG_0287.JPG

IMG_0290.JPG

IMG_0291.JPG

Perry_92

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Reading it back and looking at other info etc, i'm sure i've got some of the dates in the history wrong so I hold my hands up and apologise for that!

Shaun

28DL Regular User
28DL Full Member
i thought this place had been converted so never payed it a visit. But anyway unless im going nearby im not rushing to it.

ExploringWithBros

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Was here a few weeks back. Place is amazing and am hoping to get a 2nd trip in before it gets bought up as its on auction for 1.6 Million and plans for nursing homes to be made. Just like dembigh asylum this is now going ahead with new homes. Is such a shame. Should make into some kinda attraction or a place to stay over a weekend get away ghost hunting or a brake home. Would be amazing to see but seems all the old places from the 30s and 40s upwards been knocked down and turn into homes and yet such lovely historical places been smashed to bits. Not many places like these standing any more.

Luke vaughan

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Was here a few weeks back. Place is amazing and am hoping to get a 2nd trip in before it gets bought up as its on auction for 1.6 Million and plans for nursing homes to be made. Just like dembigh asylum this is now going ahead with new homes. Is such a shame. Should make into some kinda attraction or a place to stay over a weekend get away ghost hunting or a brake home. Would be amazing to see but seems all the old places from the 30s and 40s upwards been knocked down and turn into homes and yet such lovely historical places been smashed to bits. Not many places like these standing any more.
Very true and there’s a plan involving government and developers that’s why as government only serves the wealthy so they gotta keep them sweet whilst fucking everyone else over

Perry_92

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Its a real shame! not only are they serving only the wealthy, but losing great places of history and architecture along the way!

amfalconer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
All this talk about only serving the wealthy, you do realise that everyone's in it for profit? - Nobody's going to lose hundreds of thousands of pounds buying something like this, putting potential millions into it, only to sell them for budget rates. - not when they can just pay an affordable housing contribution to not provide any.... That said, a lot of developer's profits are nowhere as high as you'd think

Nowadays loads of places like Denbigh, have elements which are listed, and will need maintenance, securing and refurbishment, just to keep them standing - if they can be incorporated into the development, all the better - the alternative is, it falls down and is gone forever.

Same applies to nursing homes, which, whilst I don't agree with high care costs, generate huge amounts of revenue for their stakeholders., and they have a constant supply of clients.
None of this is going to change any time soon, not with an increasing elderly population, and the rising prices of land and labour and materials.

You want your own place.... either earn more or move somewhere where property is cheaper - sad but true

Who has read this thread (Total: 153) View details