real time web analytics
Report - - Pool Parc, Pool Park, Ruthin - August 2015 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Pool Parc, Pool Park, Ruthin - August 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Dangle_Angle

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
History

Originally owned by Sir Walter Bagot, the current buildings were rebuilt in the late 1820′s. It was acquired by the North Wales Counties Mental Hospital and opened in 1937 to accommodate 87 patients for relief of overcrowding at the much larger Denbigh Asylum. Its official designation was as a psychiatric convalescent home. It eventually closed in 1990 and has laid derelict ever since. It appears that some building work was once planned/carried out but now has been left to slowly decay in the woodlands that surround it.

The Explore.....

We had already hit Denbigh in the early hours and after a Maccie D refuel we made the 5 mile drive to Pool Parc. Awesome place, with no secca and a walk in.
To be honest I was shocked at the level of decay inside and that it had been mindlessly trashed, theres just no need for it. The chair , staircase and outer were the only interests for us photo wise but we mooched around the rest of the place anyway..

The pics...

P8045763.ORF.jpg

P8045769.ORF.jpg

P8045778.ORF.jpg

Front lounge or dining
P8045771.ORF.jpg

The infamous 'chair'
P8045768.ORF.jpg

Front aspect
P8045756.ORF.jpg

P8045759.ORF.jpg

Left side
P8045781.ORF.jpg

Cheers and thanks for looking...

ZerO81

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Proof that all that talk of the staircase being removed was not true at all (not that I am surprised though).

scotty markfour

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
nice little report there dangle-angle , i have done denbigh a couple of times n never thought of visiting pool parc ? i shall now out of curiosity

Telf

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Well in dangle :thumb

there's bit missing from the staircase and the chairs took a battering since I was there last :mad:

Dangle_Angle

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Well in dangle :thumb

there's bit missing from the staircase and the chairs took a battering since I was there last :mad:
It's a shame mate that bell ends have to destroy history like this. Pisses me right off.... Thanks for the :thumb

Dangle_Angle

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hey there matey, great set of pics.....not seen this place in a while :D
Thanks for sharin'.....nice report :thumb
Cheers Will of the Knot.
Tried to trim the amount of pics as I've seen some marathon sets on other sites. Got a atmosphere around these grounds.
Liked it though...thanks for the vocal gps!!! Haha :D

Will Knot

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Cheers Will of the Knot.
Tried to trim the amount of pics as I've seen some marathon sets on other sites. Got a atmosphere around these grounds.
Liked it though...thanks for the vocal gps!!! Haha :D
No problem, least you got round the place :thumb
Don't think there is a set rule of the amount of pics but generally I would say around a dozen is okay :cool:

Dangle_Angle

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
No problem, least you got round the place :thumb
Don't think there is a set rule of the amount of pics but generally I would say around a dozen is okay :cool:
Cool. I am planning a further visit. Denbigh, pool parc and mid Wales asylum. I'll schedule it in before winter comes round and destroys it further haha

anthunt1983

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Awesome photos. I'm looking at heading up to Denbigh soon with my son, is it just the one security guy?

Dangle_Angle

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Awesome photos. I'm looking at heading up to Denbigh soon with my son, is it just the one security guy?
Yes mate. He's not actually security. He's the retired caretaker who asks you to leave due to the dangers of the place..he's actually got no authority and can't touch you. If you come in contact with him just be polite.

anthunt1983

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yes mate. He's not actually security. He's the retired caretaker who asks you to leave due to the dangers of the place..he's actually got no authority and can't touch you. If you come in contact with him just be polite.
Perfect thanks buddy, hopefully he'll realise I'm not looking to cause any damage especially with an 11yr old