real time web analytics
Report - - PowerGen Building, Parkgate, Shirley, Birmingham - May 2013 | Other Sites | Page 4 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - PowerGen Building, Parkgate, Shirley, Birmingham - May 2013

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

jackg-powergen

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I won't mate we just want a couple more people to come, we were a threesome last time but I think four of five would be OK. Haha, I said we should take hi-vis jackets and clipboards my mate thought that was silly.

solski urbex

28DL Member
28DL Member
hi everyone, was in the new video, it was a blast but I want to explore deeper, much deeper. I have been speaking with an ex employee who explained that there was security segregation within the building, and that she was aware of the rooms in the basement and that she believed there was a car park below the main building? it sounds like an interesting place but there seems to be no obvious way down. so I was wondering if any information was available on entrances ect. that would lead underground? my plans are to explore this week so will try to tie up with @jackg-powergen , thanks guys

jackg-powergen

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
hi everyone, was in the new video, it was a blast but I want to explore deeper, much deeper. I have been speaking with an ex employee who explained that there was security segregation within the building, and that she was aware of the rooms in the basement and that she believed there was a car park below the main building? it sounds like an interesting place but there seems to be no obvious way down. so I was wondering if any information was available on entrances ect. that would lead underground? my plans are to explore this week so will try to tie up with @jackg-powergen , thanks guys
Going there just left me asking more questions, it's so perfect for all of these rumours. We got a flyer off the Greens today that said 'Hooray, Powergen is going!' or something, so has the plan been accepted?

Kerry

28DL Member
28DL Member
Apparently plans for a retirement village and an Asda petrol station are very close to being passed by the council.

ThreePhase

28DL Member
28DL Member
I know this was a while back but you were asking for additional info about the building in the original post.

The building used to be the Central Electricity Generating Board headquarters for the Midlands region. From the early 60s they managed the electrical network of 38 power stations and 170 substations all from this central building. The control centre for the region was located at Warwick House (since demolished) over in Coventry.

The building was sold to the new company "powergen" during the privatisation of the electricity networks in 1989.

jackg-powergen

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ahh that's interesting, and PowerGen is now E-On from what I remember?

I was really interested in the police and fire training that happens there, there are bullets and bullet holes, clumps of hair, gaffer tape tied to chairs and there's evidence of explosions inside. Does anybody know anything about the training and what kind of things they do? It appears to be things like hostage training and fires lit by the fire brigade. And does anybody know about underground car parks and what not, because I've looked everywhere and I think it's bollocks.

jackg-powergen

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I would say coming on this sight your never gonna get any action but we come on here so that can't be true... It's fair to say my interest has somewhat diminished since going but it certainly wasn't dull.

Greendamo

28DL Member
28DL Member
Yeah but sweriously where did those other photos go? there was defiantly photos of the underground substation on this very post went it was first posted but since been removed! I can remember as the substation was lit up as in on!