real time web analytics
Report - - Pyrex Factory, Sunderland, 16-03-09 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Pyrex Factory, Sunderland, 16-03-09

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

S

Sgt. Pepper

Just got back from a 2 hour look round this site.

I went upto the gate, and it was slightly open, but the diggers were in action, so I walked over to the site office and had a chat with the workmen. I asked if they'd mind if I took some photos, they asked how long I'd be and I said 10 mins or so.

They were really cool guys, gave me a hard hat and hi viz and showed me round the site, inside and out, letting me know the history of the place and whatnot, everytime I mentioned how long I'd been they just said 'No worries mate, take as long as you want, it'll be gone next week'

It really was a total chance visit, but as they say, shy bairns get nowt.

Took loads of pics, and got 3 short videos of the site showing how close I was to the diggers tearing the place apart.

The sad thing is, the fella that took me round said had I been a week earlier I'd have seen the full site, but they've just torn half of it down

Anyway, was really nice of them to let me have a look about, they could have easily said no and left it at that, but as it was it ended up being my favorite explore yet.

Incidentally, while we were walking round, they spotted someone stealin copper from the upstairs, and 8 of the workmen took off after him! - made me twice as glad I'd asked for permission.

Theres 80+ photos all told, but I'll post a dozen or so here, the rest are in the album (link at the bottom)

Heres the pics

DSCF2188.gif

View attachment 138854

View attachment 138855

View attachment 138856

View attachment 138857

View attachment 138858

View attachment 138859

View attachment 138860

View attachment 138861

View attachment 138862

View attachment 138863