real time web analytics
Report - - Radio Tower Kent, April 2017 | High Stuff | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Radio Tower Kent, April 2017

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

James Cross

Crossvisuals
28DL Full Member
Hi everyone this is my first report which is now the 2nd time uploading because the first time the photo links didn't work so bare with me if anything is wrong etc.

The History:
I don't really know the history or information on it as there is literally nothing on the internet as to when it was built etc by I know that it is owned by BT and currently used.

The Explore:
It was a windy clear day in April when I asked my dad if he wanted to climb the radio tower we had driven past many many times and we managed to get round to doing it that day as it wasn't raining. We drove right up to the tower and as there was literally no active security/cameras decided to park the car next to it and jump right in.
The fence was an absolute nightmare:( to climb being a roughly 10ft steel wire fence with a 2f barbed wire overhang so it took me about 5 mins just to get over safely and my dad as well.
I don't know the height of the tower but I would roughly say about 50/55M tall. Once inside the fence we started climbing, the ladder has no safety whatsoever and my dad being a Urbex novice and having only climbed 1 high thing really just a crane over 20 years ago found it tiring and a bit scary. The drop was straight down and I am not the best with heights as well which is surprising having done quite a few cranes and buildings in central London over the past couple years. We climbed to the very top which took about 5 mins.

The views were amazing;), enough of writing and onto the photos...

Me hanging off the Ladder
drop.jpg

View looking towards Bewl Water
sunset.jpg

Panorama shot
panorama.jpg

Great Sunset
sunsets.jpg

tower.jpg

Me climbing up the sketchy Ladder
portrait of me sunse.jpg

Thanks for reading this I hope you guys enjoyed it and its the first of many reports to come.

JumpUpKid

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Great pics with the sun and great first report. I know that area well! I'm new to the whole urban exploration and buildering. Live in Kent too. Do you know any others in our area that go out on a regular basis, in particular at night?

James Cross

Crossvisuals
28DL Full Member
Great pics with the sun and great first report. I know that area well! I'm new to the whole urban exploration and buildering. Live in Kent too. Do you know any others in our area that go out on a regular basis, in particular at night?
Thanks man Yeah I know a few more towers near by, where abouts are you from?

JumpUpKid

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks man Yeah I know a few more towers near by, where abouts are you from?
I'm in Tunbridge Wells. Don't have a car though at the moment. So train, bus, bike or good ol' feet going to have to get me there. Anything that involves climbing I'm game... where are you based?

Who has read this thread (Total: 162) View details