Web
Analytics
Report - - RAF Church Fenton, Tadcaster Feb 2016 | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Report - RAF Church Fenton, Tadcaster Feb 2016

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
I did quite a few RAF bases in 2016, but Church Fenton was my favourite. I'd go as far as saying it's my favourite base in the UK alongside Upper Heyford. It was also very nice to get to see it before it got too ruined by the idiot crew...

Most of the base buildings closed in 1992 but the airfield and hangars remained open as an RAF training airfield. In 2013 the training schools moved out and the site was bought in early 2014 by Makins Enterprises who now operate the former airfield as Leeds East Airport catering for light aircraft and business jets. The large number of former RAF buildings next to the airfield remain in a derelict state.

I loved the untouched decay in here, it was gorgeous. The roads around the buildings had all been totally swallowed up by trees and undergrowth which only added to the feeling.

Thanks for looking :)

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Yeah man totally agree about this place. I've visited a lot and this is a favourite of mine.

I found myself there a few times over the last 3 years.

Did you not venture up the water tower?
I'll be honest I think we completely missed the water tower at the time!