real time web analytics
Report - - RAF Coningsby Weapons Store..Lincolnshire, October 2017 | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - RAF Coningsby Weapons Store..Lincolnshire, October 2017

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Bit of an older report from a visit we made a while back. Man gone wrong had regular driven past here going back to his home time to visit family and pointed it out. We checked it out on the way home from visiting the ice factory. We soon found a way in and was quite impressed with what was inside. Prob the most complete bomb stores I have visited and none have been better since, Woodbridge was close though. A nice relaxed explore that was right up my street.
Set away from the main airfield it was originally built to house nuclear weapons when Coningsby was a V bomber base which housed Vulcan bombers. But with the introduction of submarine based missiles the stores did not really get much of a life. Not sure if it was later used as a store for conventional weapons. It's now been cleared and back in use by a private company I think. We did miss a few bits like the Comms units and naval gun mounts.

The entry point here does not look much but led to a shelters command area with corridors and rooms for intelligence and such

230498-image-zpsm2fmc4rp.jpg

230495-image-zpsai6j92qx.jpg

230494-image-zpssdazok73.jpg

230493-image-zps06iuhvrb.jpg

A few other small buildings are near here.

230499-image-zpsbvzp08f0.jpg

230501-image-zpsdnggxctd.jpg

230503-image-zpsmdamlbur.jpg

230504-image-zps9vlurm14.jpg

230510-image-zps140m3aex.jpg

230506-image-zpsgy2ty8vy.jpg

230507-image-zpsmiobgist.jpg

The Control Panel for the NBC Positive Pressure air supply in the facility. When running the air pressure was many times above that of ambient and passed through activated charcoal and alumina filter banks.

230509-image-zpsjsyr9raz.jpg

230511-image-zpss2idnwj3.jpg

A large generator sat in here. This would be used in case if a power failure. It may have been used for everyday use.

230521-image-zpscjrggvdv.jpg

230512-image-zpsthpqgmdz.jpg

230514-image-zpsjjpzdg6y.jpg

230516-image-zpswswm6hyu.jpg

Missile servicing bay

230522-image-zpsfvzwfipv.jpg

230523-image-zpseq9glxfj.jpg

230526-image-zpsmmxu69qk.jpg

230529-image-zpshtvxfgce.jpg

230531-image-zpskdith22r.jpg

230532-image-zpsftbbw7ir.jpg

Heading into the storage area. Was rows off hardened bomb storage bunkers.

230534-image-zpshlm4qlno.jpg

230535-image-zpssaei8mjm.jpg

230536-image-zpskboxjdfm.jpg

230538-image-zpszreokgos.jpg

230539-image-zpslw9hhabv.jpg

230546-image-zpscfydf0m7.jpg

Unusual pillbox variant.

230547-image-zpsgzit34dn.jpg

dansgas1000

28DL Regular User
Regular User
By far the best weapons store site I've seen. looks brilliant. I love the look of that room with the massive generator and the peel in the second pic. Lovely shots.

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Loved this place. I don't think I'll ever forget being here the same day the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight were training next door, walking around with Spitfires flying around overhead was unreal.

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Loved this place. I don't think I'll ever forget being here the same day the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight were training next door, walking around with Spitfires flying around overhead was unreal.
I remember you saying that you had seen them. You were so lucky seeing them.

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
nice we had the obligatory jets flying over, fkin loud

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Really great example. The whole site is cracking. All the signs and peel are great to see. Didnt see any graff in photos. How this has been rarely covered is beyond me. Great report :thumb