real time web analytics
Report - - RAF Stenigot - lincolnshire - Jan 09 | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - RAF Stenigot - lincolnshire - Jan 09

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Bugsuperstar

Irresponsible & Reckless
Regular User
Visited with zerocool and BillAnd -

here is some info stolen form WIKI :
wiki said:
RAF Stenigot was a World War 2 radar station in lincolnshire. It was part of the Chain Home radar network, intended to provide long range early warning for raids from Luftflotte V and the northern elements of Luftflotte II along the approaches to Sheffield and Nottingham and the central midlands.

After World War II, the site was retained as part of the Chain Home network. In 1959 it was upgraded to a communications relay site as part of the ACE High program, which involved adding four tropospheric scatter dishes.

The site was decommissioned in the late 1980s and was mostly demolished by 1996.

i've wanted to see RAF Stenigot for a while now, unfortunately all that is left are the main radar dishes (probably the most interesting part) however it would have been good to see some of the buildings that accompanied the dishes originally. the diggers have been very busy.

some pics

thedishes.jpg

backofdish.jpg

Mranderson.jpg

frostyness.jpg

nutsanddishes.jpg

metallegs.jpg

dishandtracks.jpg

dishesandpipes.jpg

JCBanddishes.jpg

thanks for looking :thumb

BillAnd

Badass dare devil gangsta
28DL Full Member
good trip out today - twas a touch nippy though! and as for all those people driving like tits on the outer lincoln skating rink, the A15 - fluck u too

_IGP3702tn.jpg

because I have a UV filter on my lens, I get some very vivid blues
_IGP3704tn.jpg

Zerocool getting dishy
_IGP3720tn.jpg

_IGP3748tn.jpg

_IGP3783tn.jpg

the bug before he dropped one - lens that is
_IGP3800tn.jpg

the reaper!
_IGP3806tn.jpg

the abseil tower, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!