real time web analytics
Report - - RAF Stenigot. Lincolnshire | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - RAF Stenigot. Lincolnshire

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

TiDy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
After seeing this location covered several times in the past (the snow covered pics were A1 btw) I really wanted to get out there and see the scale of these Tropospheric Dishes. So when a business trip came up 70 miles away from the location I thought I'd do some research and combine the two.

Full history here. RAF Stenigot - Wikipedia

Although the dishes are positioned very close to a public footpath, a sweep of G.E showed the biggest challenge was a place to park up the car, safely and out of the way. The place is beautifully remote, nothing but agriculture and not an NCP car park or for that matter even a layby in sight.

DSC_0387copy.jpg

DSC_0061.jpg

11.jpg

DSC_0308.jpg

DSC_0271.jpg

6copy.jpg

DSC_0324.jpg

Apologies for cooking this one a bit, it just so reminded me of Danny Boyle's film "Sunshine". If moderators disaprove then I can remove.

DSC_0060.jpg

1copy.jpg

Space station view.

10.jpg

7.jpg

DSC_0155.jpg

Thank you for looking.

These things are huge and although a long way out, were well worth it to see them (and hear them, as they were creaking in the sunshine).

The farmer had intercepted my car which was parked off the track next to some of his machinery, though I had put a pre-written letter addressed to him under the wiper with my apologies, reasons and a fiver for any incon. He took the money and left a polite note thanking me for the token and if I come up again to ring him and included his number. Smiles all round, great day.

Who has read this thread (Total: 3) View details