real time web analytics
Report - - RAF Upwood - Ramsey - October 2018 | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - RAF Upwood - Ramsey - October 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

UrbexTreasure

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
RAF Upwood (Night time)

This was one of my first introductions to exploring abandoned places, I had previously seen it in the day light but me and my friend went on a spontaneous trip here at night time. This allows a different perspective of it and to get more of an eerie vibe. There was no security protecting this site so was very easy, practically a walk in. If anything it was slightly more risky going as night as you don’t know who your going bump into and the torch light attracts attention but it went very smoothly!!
There was very little left in Upwood that suggested its history however the level of decay and destruction looks incredibly satisfying. Like most places the graffiti can make or break a spot but I think there were some really good pieces.
RAF Upwood is almost all gone now due to the site being sold and soon will become a housing.

UrbexTreasure

Last edited:

RXQueen

T-Rex Urbex
28DL Full Member
i’ve not been here, is this a recent visit and worth the drive or is it pointless and has security?

Seffy

SWC
Staff member
Did you go at night because of security measures.nosey neighbours etc?

UrbexTreasure

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
i’ve not been here, is this a recent visit and worth the drive or is it pointless and has security?
Hiya,
This is back in 2018, there was absolutely no security and definitely worth the drive due to its size but unfortunately RAF Upwood is being demolished as we speak, and soon will be new build homes :(

UrbexTreasure

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Did you go at night because of security measures.nosey neighbours etc?
We decided to go at night to get a different perspective of it and to get more of an eery vibe. There was no security protecting this site and was very well known locally so there was almost nothing to prevent getting damaged. If anything it was slightly more risky going as night as you don’t know who your going bump into and the torch light attracts attention but it went very smoothly!!