real time web analytics
Question - - Rechargeable batteries? | Kit / Clothing / Equipment | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Rechargeable batteries?

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

explorer62

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Re: Rechargable batteries?

Just stock up on 18650's :D
20ED2FCB-48DD-4A33-9442-7D6FA3B74FBF-56772-00000B2B4FEE1D09.jpg

Have to agree with OT though, 7DayShop FTW!

and why ?????

explorer62

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

looking at that collection would suggest you have around 20 - 30 torches and you use them all at the same time

:crazy right backatcha :p:

troglodyte

Cave Dweller
28DL Full Member

Cheers guys, Looking through the replies I'll most likely get some of the Eneloops or a 7DayShop jobby. Sorry for another noob question, but when it comes to chargers does it matter or just go cheap?

pirate

Rum Swigger
28DL Full Member

looking at that collection would suggest you have around 20 - 30 torches and you use them all at the same time

:crazy right backatcha :p:

or he spends more than a few hours underground and takes loads of pictures.......if i went on a weekend away i would probably take a box that size.................and if his using the same torch as PPowers he will probably use the lot of em.

Trog: not sure about small batteries but in the world of cars it pays to get a half decent charger.......charging will normaly be quicker and regulated.....buying a super quick charger sometimes fooks your batteries and most of these say you should alternate between slow/fast charges.

for £20 in Maplins you get a charger with 12 batteries included
8x AA 2000 a/h
4x AAA 1000a/h
http://www.maplin.co.uk/universal-charger-with-12-nimh-batteries-48183

Leeds(Ex)plorer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

I get 40 minutes on the XM-L 3800 and about an hour on the 1600

Sounds about right, my 1600 LM T6 gets probably an hour on full setting per battery but it can be vastly improved by using the 'half' setting when not light painting

I need to get some more 18650 and preferably a charger I can charge 4 or more on

paulpowers

Massive Member
Regular User

Sounds about right, my 1600 LM T6 gets probably an hour on full setting per battery but it can be vastly improved by using the 'half' setting when not light painting

I need to get some more 18650 and preferably a charger I can charge 4 or more on

Half setting is like wanking with my left hand, it just feels wrong

The Franconian

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I don`t know these 18650s.
Am I right that they are much bigger, but by higher voltage and MAh, they got nearly 4 times the capacity of AA akkus ?
Never seen them yet.

Voibmi

Infiltrating since '04
28DL Full Member

Just stock up on 18650's :D
20ED2FCB-48DD-4A33-9442-7D6FA3B74FBF-56772-00000B2B4FEE1D09.jpg

mstarmatt Do you or anyone know... Do the batteries rattle in the plastic 18650 cases? Could see that being annoying on explores... Looking into buying something to carry in...

mstarmatt

Northern Monkey
28DL Full Member

These don't rattle too much, no where near as much as AA / AAA in the plastic cases. I just add a little tissue, could always put some stickyback felt or something in.

pirate said:
or he spends more than a few hours underground and takes loads of pictures.......if i went on a weekend away i would probably take a box that size.................and if his using the same torch as PPowers he will probably use the lot of em.

:thumb Spot on!! The 18650's also do a very good job at powering this, perfect for underground parties :D

Bunk3r

28DL Memb3r
28DL Full Member
^Ha good to see I'm not the only one with a car amp powered off 18650s.

Note, only use protected 18650s, for AAs agreed the low self discharge ones are great otherwise if your batteries have been sat unused for a while they may be flat (especially with cheap cells and higher capacities or worse still both)

Who has read this thread (Total: 2) View details