real time web analytics
Report - - Regional Seat of Government Bolt Head: Devon | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Regional Seat of Government Bolt Head: Devon

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Bobble

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Firstly, sorry to the guys I was going to PM about this visit but to be honest. I didn't think it was going to happen. Then i got a call from the keyholder saying can you be over in an hour. Not to worry though, I'm going to visit this again at Easter if anyone is interested as it was such a big site...

anyway, a little bit of background, this would have been a regional seat of government in the event of a nuclear war. This site was stunning and totally immaculate. Wish my picture taking skills could give it credit....

sooo, on with the pics.

View from the outsite:

DSCN0417.jpg

one of the many rooms, ok most of them were empty but in such good condition

DSCN0422.jpg

The rodio broadcast suite for war time radio

DSCN0425.jpg

one of the maps in the ops room

DSCN0444.jpg

one of the huge compressors!!

DSCN0430.jpg

also, one of the huge generators...there were 2 of these, both still completely operational. Stragely enough these were in a brick building outside the main bunker!:crazy

DSCN0437.jpg

the massive aircon fan, this was huge!!

DSCN0441.jpg

Air filters....still all brand new!

DSCN0443.jpg

lastly the service ducting, I've never seen electrics done to such a high standdard, this runs the whole length of the complex.

DSCN0450.jpg

what a great visit, wish i had more time to spend in there and get some better pics. I will post up the details for a re-visit around easter...

big thanks to Trevor the keyholder for letting me lose!!