real time web analytics
Researching places to explore in London | General Exploring Chat Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Researching places to explore in London

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Graithen

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
So, I'm obviously a new kid around here and I am fully aware I will probably have to bring something to the table to get taken seriously. So I was wondering, how to research and where to start? This may have been covered before, but London is such a dense place, and I would imagine a lot of stuff is hidden and locked away as soon as people get it onto social media. So I'm reluctant to go to youtube etc.

I'm wondering if anyone has any pointers?

Olkka

Chillin at the structure
Regular User
Keep a look out for derelict looking buildings on your everyday travels, use google, use the forum. Nothing more needed really

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
There is 'some' stuff in London but a lot of what you'll find is below ground which doesn't tend to get talked about publicly.

Graithen

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
There is 'some' stuff in London but a lot of what you'll find is below ground which doesn't tend to get talked about publicly.

See this is the stuff that really interests me. I've heard its incredibly dense for about half a mile down, and thats super interesting. If it were mines I would know where to start, pull some history books, look at local history etc. But with this I'm really unsure.

I presume its who you know as much as what you know, but I don't want to turn up to a conversation empty handed if you know what I mean?

Olkka

Chillin at the structure
Regular User
See this is the stuff that really interests me. I've heard its incredibly dense for about half a mile down, and thats super interesting. If it were mines I would know where to start, pull some history books, look at local history etc. But with this I'm really unsure.

I presume its who you know as much as what you know, but I don't want to turn up to a conversation empty handed if you know what I mean?

Yeah it's a tough sub-scene to break into as a lone newcomer unfortunately. Perhaps start with researching deep-level WW2 air raid shelters on the internet and see where you end up...

Graithen

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yeah it's a tough sub-scene to break into as a lone newcomer unfortunately. Perhaps start with researching deep-level WW2 air raid shelters on the internet and see where you end up...

That is a solid place to start, will go from there! Thank you!

tallginge

more tall than ginger tho.....
Regular User

It is about who you know, yes. The whole planet and it sometimes seems most of its occupants is very dense but i think i know what you mean ;) 1/2 a mile is about 800m yer na ;) Anyway I'm not too precious about this and you seem like a nice chap :D Have a go at the lid in front of the green light. Take a tent peg or a small strong hook. Don't spunk it and go stupidly late with just one other person - remember it's central london. You'll probably learn a lot.

No, you dont.jpg

pirate

Rum Swigger
28DL Full Member
Just buy Secret underground London by Nick catford……..or google secret underground London

Graithen

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It is about who you know, yes. The whole planet and it sometimes seems most of its occupants is very dense but i think i know what you mean ;) 1/2 a mile is about 800m yer na ;) Anyway I'm not too precious about this and you seem like a nice chap :D Have a go at the lid in front of the green light. Take a tent peg or a small strong hook. Don't spunk it and go stupidly late with just one other person - remember it's central london. You'll probably learn a lot.

No, you dont.jpg

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. Thanks for throwing a guy a bone. And just to confirm, are you telling me to go stupidly late and with just one other person? Because my plan would have been to go stupidly late with one other person, and I can't tell if you are telling me thats a terrible idea or not o_O

slugbex

28DL Member
28DL Member
You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. Thanks for throwing a guy a bone. And just to confirm, are you telling me to go stupidly late and with just one other person? Because my plan would have been to go stupidly late with one other person, and I can't tell if you are telling me thats a terrible idea or not o_O
did anyone do this in the end?