real time web analytics
Abandoned places, Bristol | New Members Introduction | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Abandoned places, Bristol

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

kevinXgod

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hey I'm Kevin,

New to Bristol. here for studying purposes mainly although during my time here I wanted to branch out into more hobbies and creative interests around here,
I'm currently looking for abandoned places for use in creative media i.e photography, videos and research. It's a long shot mainly as I'm a first time poster therefore I can't expect to be trusted or vouched for.
However I'm down to learn how and what to explore to dive deeper into this niche community to fulfil some goals of mine as a form of expressing myself more.
I hate writing about myself so this is all I can really give as an intro.

OysterJam

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I will give you some hints but obviously will not give you locations.

(1) Use the search function in the top right and type 'Bristol'. Then just do some Google-fu and see what you can figure out.

(2) Keep browsing the forums and you'll see people have put their websites and stuff in their signatures (the little boxes of text that are under their posts). They have a bunch of stuff in there that could relate to Bristol. Again, use some of that to piece things together.

(3) To actually find places (entrances etc.) you'll probably need to go on 2 separate trips. One to scout for entrances etc. and the other where you actually bring necessary equipment and make sure it's at a sensible time to increase the likelihood of a successful mission.

(4) I kind of recommend construction sites. But at the same time, a lot of people think they're stupid / pointless. I'm a construction site fiend, so I obviously don't agree, haha. But you can get some amazing shots in those when it's dark, both of the landscape but also of the jagged edges and mixture of patterns caused by scaffolding etc. However, don't be dumb about because I plan on continuing to hit them (less frequently now that I've done so many) and I don't want them stepping up security. I've hit like 10 different ones and never been caught apart from on camera while climbing out. So who cares about that...? But still, be respectful etc.

(5) If you do consider construction sites, I will let you know how to find all the good ones: basically, look up at the sky. Can you see a bright red light? That's a crane. Therefore, generally a tall site.

Good luck. If you're interested in this hobby then you'll easily find some stuff.

TalkingMask

Professional Twat
28DL Full Member
Hey I'm Kevin,

New to Bristol. here for studying purposes mainly although during my time here I wanted to branch out into more hobbies and creative interests around here,
I'm currently looking for abandoned places for use in creative media i.e photography, videos and research. It's a long shot mainly as I'm a first time poster therefore I can't expect to be trusted or vouched for.
However I'm down to learn how and what to explore to dive deeper into this niche community to fulfil some goals of mine as a form of expressing myself more.
Welcome to the forum, like Oyster said it’s best to use the search function as it’s unlikely anyone here will just hand out sites and entry points to someone new, so just search Bristol or surrounding locations and happy hunting!

Best read the beginners guide, it’s got a ton of useful information to get you started and get reports up

OysterJam

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
(4) I kind of recommend construction sites.
Yes, well done champ, you made it to the second half of the comment!

You'll have your Year 2 reading comprehension badge in no time - now all you have to do is recognise that the first half is different to the second half. I believe in you!

:turd

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Yes, well done champ, you made it to the second half of the comment!

You'll have your Year 2 reading comprehension badge in no time - now all you have to do is recognise that the first half is different to the second half. I believe in you!

:turd

Probably not the best idea to bait a moderator like that.

OysterJam

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Probably not the best idea to bait a moderator like that.
Meh. I was being helpful and he was purposefully missing the point and taking the piss. So who's actually doing the baiting?

He wants to ban me for it, that's his prerogative. New blood just trying to help out new blood... I'd argue in turn that it's probably not the best idea for a representative of the UK's biggest website for a particular hobby / subculture to shit on that.

Yet the world still turns...

Lmck

28DL Member
28DL Member
hey im in the exact same position as you, at the uni atm but want to explore bristol so would be up for doing some explores if you wanted to?

963_is_strong

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hey I'm Kevin,

I am looking for abandoned places for photography as well!! I am a completely new to urban exploring, having someone to guide or work with would be great. Although I am avoiding to do anything illegal, so... hope you are okay with that.

Lmck

28DL Member
28DL Member
I am looking for abandoned places for photography as well!! I am a completely new to urban exploring, having someone to guide or work with would be great. Although I am avoiding to do anything illegal, so... hope you are okay with that.
Id be interested to join you aswell? completely new aswell

chills

Queller of the uprising

Welcome to the site!

Have a read of the following link to help you get a feel of the site and how things work:

And have a read of this guide to help you posting a report should you wish to:

There’s tonnes out there, use the search box to your aid and you may even find something in your area!

I look forward to seeing some pictures and reports soon! Just shout if you have any questions! ✌🏻

thatslovakguy

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hey newbies! After a year of lurking finally made an account. Let me know if there's a group of you, always nice to get exploring with some like minded individuals!