real time web analytics
Report - - River Dean, Bollington - Nov 2015 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - River Dean, Bollington - Nov 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

paulpowers

Massive Member
Regular User
Fucking hell it's November already, this year has flown past.

I was driving home and had a bit of time spare so I decided to bob down and get a few pics

The River Dean rises at Longclough in Macclesfield Forest on the western edge of the Peak District foothills above the village of Rainow in north east Cheshire, England.

Together with a number of tributary streams it is impounded by the dam at Lamaload. The river flows on to and passes through the village of Rainow, the town of Bollington, through the fields between Whiteley Green and Butley Town, Prestbury, on through the grounds of Adlington Hall, thence to Deanwater, Handforth, and finally it joins the River Bollin between Wilmslow and Styal.

Below the dam there is a waterworks owned and managed by United Utilities. The water saved in Lamaload Reservoir is used to supply Rainow, Bollington and other places. Next to the road bridge in Rainow village can be seen the early twentieth century waterworks built by Bollington Urban District Council. Shortly after passing Rainow the river flows north down the two mile long Ingersley Vale with Kerridge Hill to its western side. It is very quickly joined by the stream from Hayles Clough which rises to the east above Ginclough. From Ingersley Vale the river finds its way through Bollington, out of the hills and into the Cheshire Plain at Lowerhouse (part of Bollington)

22798331756_a43326f36c_c.jpg

22835558051_7fa4168f62_c.jpg

22636486540_ebe76767d0_c.jpg

22824430675_3c8613a03e_c.jpg

22798455596_5a453392ea_c.jpg

22432259729_2e96e08ab2_c.jpg

Stopford_lad

foul-mouthed oaf
28DL Full Member
I'm surprised the levels are so low...there's some nice bits and bobs further up river away from the rec groundsgrounds too