Web
Analytics
Report - - River Don Tunnel - July 2010 | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - River Don Tunnel - July 2010

WB

28DL Wood Burner
28DL Full Member
Visited by Woodburner, Ojay and Thompski

Whilst exploring a very much 'on top' location looking for something other that the usual long-abandonded factory or pigeon-infested warehouse we found a normally locked door was thoughtlessly left unlocked.... :D

We had to go for a wander inside of course :p

Under the building was a huge network of cellars which did not appear to be used for anything much apart from storage and service pipes..

IMG_1255.jpg

...and mothballed equipment...

IMG_1252.jpg

IMG_1251.jpg

IMG_1247.jpg

IMG_1245.jpg

IMG_1241.jpg

We couldn't believe our luck! :eek: After hastily documenting everything we could find, we headed back to the entrance only to find another off-shoot tunnel that lead UNDER the river Don. :crazy

IMG_1254.jpg

This led to a cast-iron tunnel that was dripping with water, this must have been directly under the river! :eek:

IMG_1261.jpg

Unfortunately it came to a dead-end here but we found evidence that this tunnel used to house cables of some sort in the past, these have been long since removed. ;(

IMG_1263.jpg

Thanks for looking. :)

WB.

Last edited:

Urbex13

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Quite the result guys, I love unexpected explores within explores :thumb

thompski

Leggy brunette
28DL Full Member
was there any indication what the compressed air was used for?? it must still be in use as there is a modern switch above the compressor!!

B..
It's probably related to the building above.

Quite an unusual one this, I loved the sheer spontaneity of it more then anything! I think WB and Ojay have covered it in there photographs so I won't bother adding mine :)

G

gtc

This looks amazing guys! Top notch work! if you've got any plans for going anywhere in the future id love to tag along.