Web
Analytics
Report - - River Don Tunnel - July 2010 | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Report - River Don Tunnel - July 2010

WB

28DL Wood Burner
28DL Full Member
Visited by Woodburner, Ojay and Thompski

Whilst exploring a very much 'on top' location looking for something other that the usual long-abandonded factory or pigeon-infested warehouse we found a normally locked door was thoughtlessly left unlocked.... :D

We had to go for a wander inside of course :p

Under the building was a huge network of cellars which did not appear to be used for anything much apart from storage and service pipes..

IMG_1255.jpg

...and mothballed equipment...

IMG_1252.jpg

IMG_1251.jpg

IMG_1247.jpg

IMG_1245.jpg

IMG_1241.jpg

We couldn't believe our luck! :eek: After hastily documenting everything we could find, we headed back to the entrance only to find another off-shoot tunnel that lead UNDER the river Don. :crazy

IMG_1254.jpg

This led to a cast-iron tunnel that was dripping with water, this must have been directly under the river! :eek:

IMG_1261.jpg

Unfortunately it came to a dead-end here but we found evidence that this tunnel used to house cables of some sort in the past, these have been long since removed. ;(

IMG_1263.jpg

Thanks for looking. :)

WB.

Last edited:

Urbex13

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Quite the result guys, I love unexpected explores within explores :thumb

thompski

Leggy brunette
28DL Full Member
was there any indication what the compressed air was used for?? it must still be in use as there is a modern switch above the compressor!!

B..
It's probably related to the building above.

Quite an unusual one this, I loved the sheer spontaneity of it more then anything! I think WB and Ojay have covered it in there photographs so I won't bother adding mine :)

G

gtc

This looks amazing guys! Top notch work! if you've got any plans for going anywhere in the future id love to tag along.