real time web analytics
Report - - River Don Tunnel - July 2010 | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - River Don Tunnel - July 2010

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

WB

28DL Wood Burner
28DL Full Member
Visited by Woodburner, Ojay and Thompski

Whilst exploring a very much 'on top' location looking for something other that the usual long-abandonded factory or pigeon-infested warehouse we found a normally locked door was thoughtlessly left unlocked.... :D

We had to go for a wander inside of course :p

Under the building was a huge network of cellars which did not appear to be used for anything much apart from storage and service pipes..

IMG_1255.jpg

...and mothballed equipment...

IMG_1252.jpg

IMG_1251.jpg

IMG_1247.jpg

IMG_1245.jpg

IMG_1241.jpg

We couldn't believe our luck! :eek: After hastily documenting everything we could find, we headed back to the entrance only to find another off-shoot tunnel that lead UNDER the river Don. :crazy

IMG_1254.jpg

This led to a cast-iron tunnel that was dripping with water, this must have been directly under the river! :eek:

IMG_1261.jpg

Unfortunately it came to a dead-end here but we found evidence that this tunnel used to house cables of some sort in the past, these have been long since removed. ;(

IMG_1263.jpg

Thanks for looking. :)

WB.

Last edited:

Kitty

Home-breaking baker
28DL Full Member
Nice!

Don't you be knocking them pigeon-infested warehouses though. They're my bread n butter! :p

bungle666

....king of snake........
28DL Full Member
When is sheffield going to stop?? I'm beginning to think its the new manchester!!

B..

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
What an extraordinary find, talk about stumble upon.

Anyway a few of mine, starting with that elusive door
:D

stairs.jpg

Tun1.jpg

Cell1.jpg

Cell2.jpg

Machine1.jpg

Tanks.jpg

Metal1.jpg

Tun_ME.jpg

Another Sheffield invasion coming soon... ;)

thompski

Leggy brunette
28DL Full Member
was there any indication what the compressed air was used for?? it must still be in use as there is a modern switch above the compressor!!

B..

It's probably related to the building above.

Quite an unusual one this, I loved the sheer spontaneity of it more then anything! I think WB and Ojay have covered it in there photographs so I won't bother adding mine :)

G

gtc

This looks amazing guys! Top notch work! if you've got any plans for going anywhere in the future id love to tag along.