real time web analytics
Report - - River drone culverts , Dronfield ,5.4.2021 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - River drone culverts , Dronfield ,5.4.2021

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

jezzyboo

28DL Regular User
Regular User
The river drone flows from the south of sheffield through dronfield and eventually discharges in to the river Rother . Explored on a freezing cold easter monday i had previously had a nosy and added it to my to do list . looking on maps there are 6 culverts worth looking at theres one in front of the sports centre thats just an rcp so diddnt bother with that ,the others starting from the very top to keep things more simple i decided to take a look at . The first one is under the traffic lights and a very modern box concrete affair as expected

knee deep but very clean it bent around to the right

well that was the first one diddnt even bother going all the way through ! coming back out the way i went in i walked downstream for quite a distance the start of the second culvert was not the easiest to access but once there it made up for it

start of the 2nd culvert working downstream the longest of all of them

not sure what building control would say about the state of them girders lol next pic looking back to the start seams as though some remedial work has already taken place

moving on downstream

there was a stone block here that caused the water to back up a little nothing major

moving further downstream nice image of an underground old bridge , then looking back upstream

a few grinding wheels lay on the river floor a reminder of the river drones working past

moving on past the bridge looking upstream at it

the view further downstream the culvert got bigger here it was never stoopy to begin

walked around this the railway goes above the river here if it had been summer than i may have crawled through not on this day

you can see the snow , start of the bridge /culvert that lead down to the waterfall moving through this

other side looking upstream then the start of the next culvert

old stone arches then brickwork further up

my favourite shot ,love them stone arches

outside the train station ( my exit point ) you can see the wooden footbridge to the station and another culvert entrance

moving on further down was a bit deep this in places

sorry about the blurred pic here the culvert bent around to the right but wasnt very long

the end of the culvert , there are another 2 smallish culverts below this but they go through peoples property in fact as i was moving down an old boy came out hanging some bedsheets out so decided to call it a day here and get back in the van for a warm (no motorbike today was properly cold ) well a cracking explore with culvert number 2 the star of the show , thanks for Viewing :thumb

Last edited:

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Nice shots there. Especially the rushing water. A map would be nice. But Id take culverts anyway they come, always fascinate me. Love the look of them.:thumb

Who has read this thread (Total: 158) View details