real time web analytics
Report - - Robert Fletchers paper mill, Greenfield, October 2023 [Day 2] | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Robert Fletchers paper mill, Greenfield, October 2023 [Day 2]

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

0161Dan

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This is a follow up post after my first visit which i posted yesterday HERE.

I was gutted i didn't quite reach the areas i wanted to see yesterday, so did a bit of research and realized i was so close! took advantage of the clocks going back and head out at 6 this morning. Very simple to get in now i know what im doing, I was maybe 20 meters from discovering these further areas yesterday! The place feels unreal, especially the room with the rollers with greenery, Feels like a video game. I did spot the guard at his car through a window but i went unnoticed. Anybody else who hasn't had chance to visit before now, i cant recommend getting up there enough now there's demolition work going on. Who knows how long is left.

Overall, I'm absolutely buzzing i'v managed to check this one off the list.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

IMG_1013.JPG

IMG_1041.JPG

IMG_1042.JPG

IMG_1043.JPG

IMG_E0996.JPG

IMG_E1006.JPG

IMG_E1007.JPG

IMG_E1008.JPG

IMG_E1009.JPG

IMG_E1012.JPG

IMG_E1018.JPG

IMG_E1022.JPG

IMG_E1025.JPG

IMG_E1028.JPG

IMG_E1029.JPG

IMG_E1039.JPG

IMG_E1040.JPG

host

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Great but youโ€™re gonna kick yourself did you not go into the med rooms and offices in this part ?? Some epic stuff in their too.

TalkingMask

Professional Twat
28DL Full Member
This is a follow up post after my first visit which i posted yesterday HERE.

I was gutted i didn't quite reach the areas i wanted to see yesterday, so did a bit of research and realized i was so close! took advantage of the clocks going back and head out at 6 this morning. Very simple to get in now i know what im doing, I was maybe 20 meters from discovering these further areas yesterday! The place feels unreal, especially the room with the rollers with greenery, Feels like a video game. I did spot the guard at his car through a window but i went unnoticed. Anybody else who hasn't had chance to visit before now, i cant recommend getting up there enough now there's demolition work going on. Who knows how long is left.

Overall, I'm absolutely buzzing i'v managed to check this one off the list.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

IMG_1013.JPG

IMG_1041.JPG

IMG_1042.JPG

IMG_1043.JPG

IMG_E0996.JPG

IMG_E1006.JPG

IMG_E1007.JPG

IMG_E1008.JPG

IMG_E1009.JPG

IMG_E1012.JPG

IMG_E1018.JPG

IMG_E1022.JPG

IMG_E1025.JPG

IMG_E1028.JPG

IMG_E1029.JPG

IMG_E1039.JPG
As someone else said, shame you didnโ€™t see the office areas, Iโ€™ve heard the board room is charming

Also I donโ€™t know if itโ€™s just me, but a lot of those machines definitely seem cut up and empty, not been in a while though

JaffaTB

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yes loads of the machines have been stripped theres evidence of this all over (covers and things removed and thrown about) also in the room with the Bertram beaters it is absolutely littered with stripped cables which wasn't there last year (and loads of drug needles and paraphernalia sadly)

Stevoid

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Glad you finally got in mate, like others have said, go back and get in the office areas.. So much stuff up there its mind boggling. Good report ๐Ÿ‘

0161Dan

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Glad you finally got in mate, like others have said, go back and get in the office areas.. So much stuff up there its mind boggling. Good report ๐Ÿ‘
I presume theyโ€™re up the dark staircase on the opposite side of the wall the forklifts are near? I saw the staircase but was in a rush with other plans so just saw what I came to see. Another visit is definitely going to happen soon. My lad was gutted we couldnโ€™t find the Land Rover, thatโ€™s what he wanted to see most.

TalkingMask

Professional Twat
28DL Full Member
I presume theyโ€™re up the dark staircase on the opposite side of the wall the forklifts are near? I saw the staircase but was in a rush with other plans so just saw what I came to see. Another visit is definitely going to happen soon. My lad was gutted we couldnโ€™t find the Land Rover, thatโ€™s what he wanted to see most.
If I remember right thatโ€™s correct as it was next to the canteen if memory serves me well, I didnโ€™t spend much time in that hall as this was during some major scrapping thing, and lots of workers were on site getting rid of containers and such

The land rover is a hard spot, but itโ€™s near the garages directly across the courtyard near that little metal admin looking building, proper tucked in the trees

B01FFC6A-D865-4E68-9BD3-6FF0D05968DA.jpeg

44C24213-B4C1-421E-8E28-EC649DA01C51.jpeg

Stevoid

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thats the car, theres a proper landrover in another garage. We found it on first visit, easy access. Looks like you exolore with your lad? Same here and I live 5 mins from fletchers. Add me up on insta @W1semondo

JaffaTB

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Yeah thats up to the med bay and other offices and stuff, the admin ones are left as you come out of the room with the silver rollers then left again on yourself there a door half missing its up there, very easy to miss

0161Dan

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yeah thats up to the med bay and other offices and stuff, the admin ones are left as you come out of the room with the silver rollers then left again on yourself there a door half missing its up there, very easy to miss
Gutted, I went down there and thought there was nothing! This place really is the place that keeps on giving!

0161Dan

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thats the car, theres a proper landrover in another garage. We found it on first visit, easy access. Looks like you exolore with your lad? Same here and I live 5 mins from fletchers. Add me up on insta @W1semondo
Yeah, heโ€™s fairly young, about to turn 9, but he had a massive interest in urban exploration, giving me the kick to finally get Into it after being interested myself since I was young. Controversial taking somebody young, but I take precautions, I like to check out locations myself before taking him, mask and gloves are mandatory, and he only goes exactly where I go. Luckily enough, heโ€™s mature to do exactly as heโ€™s told and weโ€™ve created some quality memories exploring together. Iโ€™d sooner him explore with me whilst itโ€™s controlled, then go out with mates in a few years time. Iโ€™m a little further out myself but still close enough to make a spontaneous trip. Iโ€™m not on any socials so canโ€™t add :/.

We do plan to go back this weekend to finish the bits suggested in this thread.

Have you done the fletchers social club? That was one of our first โ€˜properโ€™ explored.

Stevoid

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yeah, heโ€™s fairly young, about to turn 9, but he had a massive interest in urban exploration, giving me the kick to finally get Into it after being interested myself since I was young. Controversial taking somebody young, but I take precautions, I like to check out locations myself before taking him, mask and gloves are mandatory, and he only goes exactly where I go. Luckily enough, heโ€™s mature to do exactly as heโ€™s told and weโ€™ve created some quality memories exploring together. Iโ€™d sooner him explore with me whilst itโ€™s controlled, then go out with mates in a few years time. Iโ€™m a little further out myself but still close enough to make a spontaneous trip. Iโ€™m not on any socials so canโ€™t add :/.

We do plan to go back this weekend to finish the bits suggested in this thread.

Have you done the fletchers social club? That was one of our first โ€˜properโ€™ explored.
Yeah mate, done the social club. My lad is 15.. Give me a shout when you plan to go, mite meet up as there is still bits of the building we havnt seen if thats OK ๐Ÿ‘

0161Dan

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
IMG_1192.jpeg

IMG_1184.jpeg

IMG_1194.jpeg
After hearing what I missed, iv had a super quick stop to do the medical room and board room whilst I still could. Being so pressed for time, I didnโ€™t get chance for a proper mooch through the offices so I still need to return to do them, the boiler house and the Land Rover.