real time web analytics
Report - - Robert Fletchers paper mill, Greenfield, October 2023 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Robert Fletchers paper mill, Greenfield, October 2023

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

0161Dan

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I'm sure this site needs no real introduction, A real classic that's been done countless times. A mill that produced cigarette paper and closed down overnight in the early 00's. Everything is still in place and hasn't been vandalized at all, Thanks to it being locked down well, aswell as on site security.

The explore
I'v been wanting to do this one for ages. I only got into the hobby earlier this year and this has been at the top of my list since then. Iv been before but never found a way in. After hearing about the demolition work beginning, i figured i best get there whilst i still can. Me and my lad had an early start and head up there at 7 this morning. Decided not to try getting in where parts have been ripped down as parts didn't look stable so went to find another way in. I had a vague idea of the access point, It wasn't easy to spot, But was super easy to get inside whilst the mounds of razor wire tell you otherwise.

Inside is looking quite rough in parts. There are two large water leaks coming from pipes at ceiling height. Not sure if this is typical here but there's enough water flowing out to make a lot of noise, and Two floors have started flooding enough to get inside my boots.

I didn't see as much as i'd like, i'm gutted i couldn't find the room with all the shiny rollers. I either missed a door, Or the wooden staircase with a handful of steps missing leads to all the good stuff, But i decided to play it safe. Once reaching as far as we could find, There was a wooden door with a window missing, was debating climbing through but this lead to the area which is half demolished. We walked around to the exterior of the torn down building, But bailed when a wagon started backing in. Another visit is definitely on the table in the near future to try and find the parts i wanted to see.

Shout out to the two lads with the camera hiding in the bushes on your way in, as we were leaving if your'e on here!!

IMG_0962.JPG

IMG_0913.JPG

IMG_0917.JPG

IMG_0919.JPG

IMG_0924.JPG

IMG_0926.JPG

IMG_0928.JPG

IMG_0938.JPG

IMG_0941.JPG

IMG_0943.JPG

IMG_0945.JPG

IMG_0947.JPG

IMG_0950.JPG

IMG_0951.JPG

IMG_0961.JPG

IMG_0963.JPG

IMG_0966.JPG

IMG_0971.JPG

IMG_0975.JPG

IMG_0978.JPG

Thanks for looking!

0161Dan

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Iv just watched a video and realised where I needed to go for the good stuff, I was so close πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈπŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ

JaffaTB

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
My all time favourite, I've been 4 times and still missed bits! Looks like they have destroyed even more since my visit last week as well 😞

Bet you are glad to have it finally ticked off 😎

0161Dan

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
My all time favourite, I've been 4 times and still missed bits! Looks like they have destroyed even more since my visit last week as well 😞

Bet you are glad to have it finally ticked off 😎
Yeah I’m gutted I missed the bits I wanted to see, by simply not walking down one dark corridor, but so happy I managed to at least do some of it. I’m back to only being able to get out exploring on week days again this week so might have another shot, although probably a bad idea if they’re back tearing walls down.

JaffaTB

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
If you stick to the main part away from the new bit they are tearing down you should be fine, did you spot any security while you were there?

0161Dan

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
If you stick to the main part away from the new bit they are tearing down you should be fine, did you spot any security while you were there?
I didn’t see any security, and I was walking around quite casually and they didn’t see me. Definitely on site tho, a wagon beeped for the gate to be open.

Exploring With Pride 🌈

Exploring with pride in more ways than one
28DL Full Member
I'm sure this site needs no real introduction, A real classic that's been done countless times. A mill that produced cigarette paper and closed down overnight in the early 00's. Everything is still in place and hasn't been vandalized at all, Thanks to it being locked down well, aswell as on site security.

The explore
I'v been wanting to do this one for ages. I only got into the hobby earlier this year and this has been at the top of my list since then. Iv been before but never found a way in. After hearing about the demolition work beginning, i figured i best get there whilst i still can. Me and my lad had an early start and head up there at 7 this morning. Decided not to try getting in where parts have been ripped down as parts didn't look stable so went to find another way in. I had a vague idea of the access point, It wasn't easy to spot, But was super easy to get inside whilst the mounds of razor wire tell you otherwise.

Inside is looking quite rough in parts. There are two large water leaks coming from pipes at ceiling height. Not sure if this is typical here but there's enough water flowing out to make a lot of noise, and Two floors have started flooding enough to get inside my boots.

I didn't see as much as i'd like, i'm gutted i couldn't find the room with all the shiny rollers. I either missed a door, Or the wooden staircase with a handful of steps missing leads to all the good stuff, But i decided to play it safe. Once reaching as far as we could find, There was a wooden door with a window missing, was debating climbing through but this lead to the area which is half demolished. We walked around to the exterior of the torn down building, But bailed when a wagon started backing in. Another visit is definitely on the table in the near future to try and find the parts i wanted to see.

Shout out to the two lads with the camera hiding in the bushes on your way in, as we were leaving if your'e on here!!

IMG_0962.JPG

IMG_0913.JPG

IMG_0917.JPG

IMG_0919.JPG

IMG_0924.JPG

IMG_0926.JPG

IMG_0928.JPG

IMG_0938.JPG

IMG_0941.JPG

IMG_0943.JPG

IMG_0945.JPG

IMG_0947.JPG

IMG_0950.JPG

IMG_0951.JPG

IMG_0961.JPG

IMG_0963.JPG

IMG_0966.JPG

IMG_0971.JPG

IMG_0975.JPG

IMG_0978.JPG

Thanks for looking!
Great pics its such a shame it will be gone soon The rolers are the section being demolished

0161Dan

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

JaffaTB

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It gets addictive this place, each time you go you find something new and you'll see other people's reports with areas you missed and want to go back 🀣