real time web analytics
Report - - Rose Court Nursery, Leeds - March 2020 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Rose Court Nursery, Leeds - March 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

nathaniela44

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
History (borrowed from another post) :

Rose Court building was is situated on the same site and the main senior school Leeds Girls High School building. Rose Court was purchased by the High School in 1912 and before this functioned as a private residence. Built of stone construction in a Georgian design the building functioned as the Infants School catering to the 3 to 7-year-old age bracket. It is thought to have been John Clark, as the design of the stair hall and the cast-iron balustrade is identical to those in Woodhouse Hall, Hyde Terrace, also by John Clark.

The explore:

This place provided nice easy access, the front door being wide open! And was a good place for a little mooch around, inside there is little left to show it was once a nursery bar the basement room, but the highlight is most definitely the staircase & balustrade - absolutely stunning.

It seemed as though at some point there was an effort made to start working on the building, with sheets of insulation, plasterboard and paint stacked up downstairs, but certainly there was little to show if any work had been done.

Oh and the room in the basement with the teddies on the walls was just a little bit creepy!

Pictures:

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Excellent report havent made it here yet myself.
I heard this was being done up soon into a pub / restaurant of some sort, anyone know if this is true?

xplorer.x

Ignorant Youth
Banned
Nice to see it's still holding up okay. Must have been not too far off a year since I went. Apart from the small hole in the window, nothing seems to have changed in that time.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Great shots here. Loving the Georgian designs everywhere. Those stairs, columns, and arch above the door has some really nice architectural work.:thumb

Who has read this thread (Total: 181) View details