real time web analytics
Report - - Rover Longbridge, Boiler Room, Tunnels, More Stuff !! - 19/11/06 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Rover Longbridge, Boiler Room, Tunnels, More Stuff !! - 19/11/06

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Part 1.

Visited with Dweeb. An early start after a good breakfast and mug of tea at Raddogs local greasy spoon.

This time we concentrated on the area at the South of the site.

First stop was a stripped out large building, packed with a vast array of machinery awaiting shipping after being auctioned (or so it appeared)...

IMG_3818.jpg

IMG_3822.jpg

IMG_3824.jpg

Then on to the old boiler room for this part of the site. It has been closed for a really long time, ten, maybe 15 years? You just couldn't tell. Everything was intact as it was when it closed. No vandalism at all, bar a few broken dials and the boiler nameplates removed - minimal. A nice find was the managers office, stuffed with plant records, amazing advertising literature from the era - "Buy brand X asbestos... it's the best" type thing...

IMG_3831.jpg

IMG_3839.jpg

IMG_3841.jpg

IMG_3850.jpg

IMG_3861.jpg

IMG_3862.jpg

Last edited:

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Re: Rover Longbridge, Boiler Room, Tunnels, More Stuff !! - 19/11/06 - REPORT

Part 2.

We then headed North to liaise with the others on site. Working our way North through vast empty sheds, and through the HQ type building.

IMG_3863.jpg

IMG_3867.jpg

IMG_3874.jpg

IMG_3875.jpg

IMG_3876.jpg

IMG_3877.jpg

Then at the North of the site, we saw an internal rail siding...

IMG_3882.jpg

At this point we agreed that we would need to cross the road, which would mean leaving the site and re-entering, which would take a lot of time and effort. I said, "hang on, there must be a tunnel through the embankment" and in the same breath said... "like that one there... and there" ....and the mystery Longbridge tunnels had been discovered.

My report and pictures are here...

http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=5759

and some more here...

http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=5765
http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=5768

We had probably been in there an hour when we met up with Turkey, Si O Doom, Zero and Riddlers, and went off to explore it again. During this time I found a way out on the other side.

Finally, I ended up in the rally prep room, which was a mission. One used and stripped car, and one brand new bodyshell with roll cage, freshly painted.

All the components needed were stored in there. There were rollcages, body parts, Ford Mustang V8 engines (?).

I got everyone else in, but we all had to leave sharpesh so not many pictures. ..

IMG_3906.jpg

IMG_3908.jpg

Last edited:

Raddog

28DL Full Member
Re: Rover Longbridge, Boiler Room, Tunnels, More Stuff !! - 19/11/06 - REPORT

Just back from a solo explore, met silverfoxx and tims in there, plus a real life fox in the middle of the east works whilst I was looking for the silverfoxx!!!

Tunnels are awesome! So well preserved but confirm the leaking fuel reports, I'd say it is a bad idea to smoke down there!!!

What can I say?
IMG_1336Small.jpg