real time web analytics
Report - - Saint Bernadine de Sienne, Montreal, Quebec, Canada - Sept '17 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Saint Bernadine de Sienne, Montreal, Quebec, Canada - Sept '17

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Punk

Punkus Explorus
28DL Full Member
History

It's been pretty hard to find history on this one, especially with all the information being in French.

Located in the Villeray-Saint-Michael-Parc area of Montreal, Saint Bernadine de Sienne was a Catholic church built between 1955 and 1956. As well as providing religious services and confession, the church served as a hub for the local community. It provided room for nurseries, sunday school, youth activities among other community services.
With the local community changing, less people regularly attending church and the rising cost of maintenance, Saint Bernadine de Sienne closed it's doors for the last time in April 2017.

Explore

This was one explore in a week of shenanigans. With 3 Brits, 2 Canadians, an Aussie and a Slovenian, this was an international affair.
Access was laughable.
While in there, photos happened, then we spent a couple of hours pissing around. This is probably the most relaxed I've felt in a derp.
This is a beautiful building, it'll be a shame if it fell into disrepair or got torn down. I'm not a fan of religion in anyway, don't see the sense of basing my life around a story book. But, religious structures like churches, temples and mosques can be stunningly beautiful. For a twentieth century church, this was mesmerising and very photogenic.

(1)

IMG_7995.jpg

(2)

IMG_7966.jpg

(3)

IMG_7968.jpg

(4)

IMG_7972.jpg

(5)

IMG_7976.jpg

(6)

IMG_7979.jpg

(7)

IMG_7983.jpg

(8)

IMG_7986.jpg

(9)

IMG_7991.jpg

(10)

IMG_7990.jpg

Cheers for Looking

m9

big in japan
Regular User
Would love to hear more about UM! Been wanting to get over to that for a while!

Punk

Punkus Explorus
28DL Full Member
Would love to hear more about UM! Been wanting to get over to that for a while!

Firstly. Yes, the Canadians can organise a piss up in a brewery(well, Maltings) :D
UM was really well organised. I had the opportunity of seeing it behind the scenes as I was staying with one of the organisers. Next time I see you, I'll tell you in depth about it, not comfortable discussing it openly here.
It's worth attending. Sadly, it's days are limited, almost on borrowed time now. So I'd go UM18.

Who has read this thread (Total: 5) View details