real time web analytics
Sanatorium Zdrowie - Gdynia, Poland, Nov 19 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Sanatorium Zdrowie - Gdynia, Poland, Nov 19

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Abandoned Sanatorium (Hotel Zdrowie), Gdynia, Poland

History
️ What was once a thriving seaside spa hotel located in Gdynia, Poland, this building has been abandoned for over ten years. It was forced to close due to the cliff it had been built on becoming unstable and thererore unsafe. Now, anything of value has been removed, and all that's left is walls and walls of Lechia Gdańsk grafitti and an eerie emptiness.

The Explore
The place is easy to find. Train from Gdańsk to Gdynia Orłowo (a very picturesque seaside beach town may I say). From the promenade, the huge abandoned hotel is very visible standing within the Forrest on the hill. The compex is fenced off with sheet metal fencing (No barbed wire), but finding a way in through the back wasn't too hard. Everything of any value has been removed. It is clearly a hang out for youths as the place is littered with soda bottles and cans of beer etc.

The place is really cool. Would have taken more pictures of all the graffiti but I couldn't stay too long.

Hotel Zdrowie circa. 2005.

-

2019:

View of Orłowo pier in the distance.

Time to leave ✌

Thanks for looking. Hoping to improve a little bit as this was my first proper explore and first post on 28dayslater. Hopefully everything in the post is sound

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Looks sound to me. The only thing I would change is angled shots, but thats only my preference. Nicely done. :thumb