Web
Analytics
Report - - Scottish Hardened Bunker, March '08 | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Report - Scottish Hardened Bunker, March '08

zimbob

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Been a while since I visited this place, as it's now in private hands, should be fine to post :)

It caught my eye when mooching about near my local barracks, and at the time I asked if anyone on here had any ideas what it was, and you did :) Turned out to be a U-N-I-T-E-R bunker, really looked different from the images I'd seen of 'em, this one was obviously camoflauged somewhat.

fortgeorgeetc001.jpg

These vents are apparently the giveaway ;)

fortgeorgeetc012.jpg

Secure entry system was what first intrigued me :

fortgeorgeetc014.jpg

fortgeorgeetc003.jpg

So back I went, and in I went :)

fortgeorge012.jpg

Plant rooms first, loads of kit here, including brand-new water-purifying kit still wrapped :

fortgeorge014.jpg

fortgeorge021.jpg

fortgeorge024.jpg

Proper genny :)

fortgeorge019.jpg

Corridor shot :rolleyes:

fortgeorge004.jpg

fortgeorge011.jpg

Decontamination room :

fortgeorge010.jpg

fortgeorge009.jpg

Ops room I guess:

fortgeorge002.jpg

Comms room, with emergency exit :

fortgeorge008.jpg

Random room - place was fairly stripped :

fortgeorge006.jpg

Proper doors too :)

fortgeorge026.jpg

fortgeorge025.jpg

That's about it, sorry the pictures aren't the best, twas a point and click job, tripod and long exposures weren't an option here..

Attachments