real time web analytics
Report - - Seacombe Hydraulic Tower - August 2015 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Seacombe Hydraulic Tower - August 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

chloeloxx

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hello from The Wirral!
Bombed in the war and now largely derelict, the building is an important part of the history and heritage.
Explored in early august. This abandoned / derelict place in South-East wirral is a good site to explore in the Merseyside area (why you still can!) and is one of few accessible places to explore on the Wirral. Although pretty vandalized in the downstairs rooms (entrance) and little to see (mostly just litter and beer cans) the actual tower is great and has a nice view of Liverpool across the River Mersey. There is reconstruction plans / builders right next to the site, however none paid any attention to 'us' when we could be seen from the windows and rooftop. The actual build up to the tower is dangerous ( as you'd expect in any abandoned place) The floors are crumbling and you have to walk a cross a planked door from one side of the room to the other to get to the entrance of the tower staircase BEWARE AS FRAGILE. Their is two 'roofs' one halfway up the staircase and the second at the very top. The spiral stair case to the top of the tower is dangerous, the derelict walls are crumbling and the metal on the stairs are rotting, with nothing to hold onto it was a hard walk to the second rooftop. No wonder the site is being refurbished for the
‘Generator’ project which will provide up to 90,000 sq ft of new office, incubation, studio, cultural and ancillary retail / A3 space, to support fast-growing small and medium sized businesses.
Thanks for reading. Sorry for picture quality once again done on phone, I must take a camera next time!

IMG_7562.JPG
IMG_7569.JPG
IMG_7570.JPG
IMG_7577.JPG
IMG_7571.JPG
IMG_7581.JPG
IMG_7586.JPG
IMG_7600.JPG
IMG_7599.JPG
IMG_7597.JPG
IMG_7596.JPG
IMG_7616.JPG
IMG_7554.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_7564.JPG
    IMG_7564.JPG
    195.6 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_7576.JPG
    IMG_7576.JPG
    138.9 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_7574.JPG
    IMG_7574.JPG
    147.1 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_7578.JPG
    IMG_7578.JPG
    128.8 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_7573.JPG
    IMG_7573.JPG
    169 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_7579.JPG
    IMG_7579.JPG
    140.6 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_7587.JPG
    IMG_7587.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_7601.JPG
    IMG_7601.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:

Speed

Got Epic?
Regular User
Is there a crazy stairs at the top still? Tied on with polyprop rope if i remember right!

The Kwan

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Great report, I cant believe how fast the area around the tower is being developed now, all modern and shiney.

skgogosfan

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Great report - well done for braving that climb up those rickety stairs and ladders and getting to the top - the views are great! Have the plans for this place changed btw? J-man's previous report said it was going to be a bar/restaurant,which is what I thought,but it's now going to be a business centre? Either way it'll be good to see it refurbished!

Dave.

Northwesturbex

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The place is boarded up and locked up tight now :( I tried getting in here once and to no avail nice photos though :)