real time web analytics
Report - - Selbourne Brickworks - Hampshire - Feb 2017 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Selbourne Brickworks - Hampshire - Feb 2017

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Andrew32

See a sticker, remove a sticker
28DL Full Member
My first ever report - Excuse bad quality photos

This place was abandoned in 2009 due to the recession. Suprisingly very few reports of this location have been made, and in certain areas such as the reception, the interior is still complete and untouched due to welded bars and concrete blocks. Looking through the window even the old internet networking gear is sitting in there. i may plan on revisiting this location in the near future to film and take better, more still shots.

The Selborne Brick Company manufactures a range of traditional hand finished bricks and tiles. Production ceased in 2009 following the Lehman crash and a spike in gas prices.
The company secured a planning consent to construct an anaerobic digester, which will provide all the gas necessary to operate the plant from renewable resources, making the Selborne brick one of the most sustainable building materials in the country.
We hope to restart operations in Spring 2015.
Credit: http://www.selbornebrick.co.uk/

Any feedback would be appreciated.

IMG_0335_zps3y3tvcp2.jpg

IMG_0340_zps0xbe4xzw.jpg

IMG_0343_zpsfo249kcz.jpg

IMG_0351_zpsrpxggyrb.jpg

IMG_0356_zpsivaau6mc.jpg

IMG_0358_zpsodyuw4dt.jpg

IMG_0361_zpswk0j3g9a.jpg

IMG_0447_zpsbsrsgmcf.jpg

IMG_0375_zpsbkntrdos.jpg

IMG_0379_zpspjplp1sq.jpg

IMG_0385_zpsnubegnyu.jpg

IMG_0394_zps7ue4vzbp.jpg

IMG_0396_zpsjqnggi7f.jpg

IMG_0398_zpswmvvvn0l.jpg

IMG_0412_zpsjkraykjk.jpg

All my photos (126) are available to view here:
http://s350.photobucket.com/user/Andrew3236/library/Selbourne Brickworks?sort=3&page=1

Last edited:
T

The Queen

Yeh, your pics are grainy and need some work- what were you taking them with? Good effort for getting out there though :thumb

WildBoyz

Is this the future?
28DL Full Member
Not a bad effort at all. Good first report :thumb

A few tips for future. Try to put a space between your images. It makes them a bit more distinct, rather than one flowing reel of photos. Second, maybe invest in a tripod if you're using a camera and not a phone. Some of the images look a bit shaky. Third, you need to alter the title a bit. Normally people put the name of the site (i.e. brickwork company name), then the place (i.e. where it is), then the month and year you explored it in.

Andrew32

28DL Full Member
Yeh, your pics are grainy and need some work- what were you taking them with? Good effort for getting out there though :thumb
i only realised that afterwards, i was using my camcorder for photos, i'll revisit with a better low light p&s and use this camcorder to film.

Andrew32

28DL Full Member
Not a bad effort at all. Good first report :thumb

A few tips for future. Try to put a space between your images. It makes them a bit more distinct, rather than one flowing reel of photos. Second, maybe invest in a tripod if you're using a camera and not a phone. Some of the images look a bit shaky.
The photos were quite rushed as i'm really scared, it was my first ever explore, plus a security car drove past halfway through, making me physically shake. Next time will be better.

WildBoyz

Is this the future?
28DL Full Member
The photos were quite rushed as i'm really scared, it was my first ever explore, plus a security car drove past halfway through, making me physically shake. Next time will be better.

It's still a good report in my eyes. This isn't a photography forum remember, so we're not looking for world-class shots or anything. Just a bit of advice for your future reports :thumb

The Lone Ranger

Safety is paramount!
Staff member
Not a bad first report, as said I'd put a space between the photos and also add the nearest town to the title.

Good effort :thumb

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Excellent... Your report is really good for a first, despite the photos quality they are well composed and document the site well. You've even hunted out some interesting stuff like the dated bricks and the old (show card / box tops??) in the last photo. Even a lonely chair, just like the pros ;)

For a first report, 10/10.

Dangle_Angle

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Great start. You'll get more confident as the trips roll on. Everyones edgy at first. Well done and don't give up ;))