real time web analytics
Report - - Silverlands Orphanage, Surrey - Sept 19 | Other Sites | Page 3 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Silverlands Orphanage, Surrey - Sept 19

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Andrew32

See a sticker, remove a sticker
28DL Full Member
Yeah, be sure to have a good look ;)

Toodlecat

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Soo I’m new to all this .. we went to Silverlands at night , went through the Forrest , had to jump over about 15 barb wire fences and through a couple of fields to find a tall metal razor wire fence all the way around :( finally found a little hole we could climb under and got in , walked all the way around the building and found 1 window on the ground floor with an opening , we stood there and looked in for ages and my mate heard something so we backed off , eventually we went back to the window and looked in only to find find some one coming towards us with a torch but didn’t say anything .. was soo creepy so we ran ... could this have been security ??
Living up to your username I see ;)

Dannygotscared

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Living up to your username I see ;)
And yea I made this account as soon as it happened , do you not get worried that you might disturb a crackhead in the pitch black and get stabbed with a needle or worse lol,
We went there a couple weeks ago and we bumped into a couple of crackheads but luckily they knew who we were lol

Dannygotscared

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I was just reading the Facebook rules and it says not to ask for places to visit .. how do you find places without asking people lol

Giymo85

Amateur and proud
28DL Full Member
I was just reading the Facebook rules and it says not to ask for places to visit .. how do you find places without asking people lol

Great place to start is the search bar on here. Other than that, there are loads of ways from randomly scrolling about Google Maps to demo announcements or the buildings at risk register. Got to put the work in to get the reward.

Andrew32

See a sticker, remove a sticker
28DL Full Member
To be fair no-one gets it at first. Putting in effort is often really boring at first, but searching towns or counties for abandoned places is easy, following courses in history given about places.
Search through planning permission sites for demolition notices (I've found some real gems this way)
Sifting through Google earth looking for empty driveways, overgrown garden paths etc can all give way to an unlived house, especially some big ones with a dark green pool.
Put the effort in and get paid off, we all do and you can see why we don't want to tell anyone who asks

wicksy101

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ha. First did this about 3 years ago and was in fairly good condition. Got caught by security after about two hours. Think it's still covered by premier but had no issues on a visit a few months ago.

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User

By learning how to research stuff and how to use things like Google Maps. Many people seem to act like it's some big scary difficult thing to do but it's not out just requires time and a bit of effort.

Yorrick

A fellow of infinite jest
28DL Full Member
I was just reading the Facebook rules and it says not to ask for places to visit .. how do you find places without asking people

Besides the search box on here you could try some of this list out -

• Architects websites
  • Architectural news websites
  • Arrse (Army rumours forum)
  • basejumper . Com (a nice 2 way relationship – we both feed each other info at times)
  • Bing maps
  • Building company websites
  • Buildings at risk register
  • Charities Commission
  • Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat (Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat)
  • Companies house
  • Crown Estates
  • Demolition company websites
  • Derp /Subbrit /flickr/ photobucket/deviant art (etc. etc. )
  • e-goat (RAF rumours forum)
  • Ebay - maps, plans, deeds, historical paperwork, post cards, etc.
  • English Heritage (and it's Scottish/Welsh equivalents)
  • English Nature
  • Estate agents
  • Facebook
  • Freedom of Information act requests
  • geograph (org .uk)
  • Good old leg work/looking around
  • Google
  • Google earth
  • Graffiti forums (I'll not list them, but there are a few out there)
  • Keeping your ears open (found a cracking explore from an overheard conversation in a hospital lift once)
  • Keeping your eyes open
  • Letterboxing websites/forums
  • Local archaeological societies
  • Local authority planning applications
  • Local Fire service websites (where have the local chavs been trying to torch?)
  • Local historical societies
  • Local knowledge (ask around)
  • Local library
  • Local museum
  • Local papers
  • Local Police website (where have they been to catch pikeys?)
  • Local TV news
  • National library
  • National Trust
  • navy-net (Navy rumours forum)
  • Ordinance survey maps (new)
  • Ordinance survey maps (old)
  • Photo library collections (Frith etc.)
  • police999 . com
  • policeoracle . com
  • The National archives
  • ukpoliceonline .co . uk
  • What do they know? website
  • Where' s the path? website

Dannygotscared

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Besides the search box on here you could try some of this list out -

• Architects websites
  • Architectural news websites
  • Arrse (Army rumours forum)
  • basejumper . Com (a nice 2 way relationship – we both feed each other info at times)
  • Bing maps
  • Building company websites
  • Buildings at risk register
  • Charities Commission
  • Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat (Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat)
  • Companies house
  • Crown Estates
  • Demolition company websites
  • Derp /Subbrit /flickr/ photobucket/deviant art (etc. etc. )
  • e-goat (RAF rumours forum)
  • Ebay - maps, plans, deeds, historical paperwork, post cards, etc.
  • English Heritage (and it's Scottish/Welsh equivalents)
  • English Nature
  • Estate agents
  • Facebook
  • Freedom of Information act requests
  • geograph (org .uk)
  • Good old leg work/looking around
  • Google
  • Google earth
  • Graffiti forums (I'll not list them, but there are a few out there)
  • Keeping your ears open (found a cracking explore from an overheard conversation in a hospital lift once)
  • Keeping your eyes open
  • Letterboxing websites/forums
  • Local archaeological societies
  • Local authority planning applications
  • Local Fire service websites (where have the local chavs been trying to torch?)
  • Local historical societies
  • Local knowledge (ask around)
  • Local library
  • Local museum
  • Local papers
  • Local Police website (where have they been to catch pikeys?)
  • Local TV news
  • National library
  • National Trust
  • navy-net (Navy rumours forum)
  • Ordinance survey maps (new)
  • Ordinance survey maps (old)
  • Photo library collections (Frith etc.)
  • police999 . com
  • policeoracle . com
  • The National archives
  • ukpoliceonline .co . uk
  • What do they know? website
  • Where' s the path? website
That’s perfect thank you very much , finally a straight forward answer from some one ha ha

Dannygotscared

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
To be fair no-one gets it at first. Putting in effort is often really boring at first, but searching towns or counties for abandoned places is easy, following courses in history given about places.
Search through planning permission sites for demolition notices (I've found some real gems this way)
Sifting through Google earth looking for empty driveways, overgrown garden paths etc can all give way to an unlived house, especially some big ones with a dark green pool.
Put the effort in and get paid off, we all do and you can see why we don't want to tell anyone who asks
Awww I understand now , to be fair I think I’d just tell anyone that asks lol ,it’s not like they can take it away , maybe I’m a bit too friendly ha ha thank you though :)

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Awww I understand now , to be fair I think I’d just tell anyone that asks lol ,it’s not like they can take it away , maybe I’m a bit too friendly ha ha thank you though :)

Once, or if, you start finding really nice places through your own research you'll hopefully realise why we are very unwilling to hand out locations to anyone on a plate. One of the rules here is that everything has to have its real name and location added to it so for people to come on and ask for stuff to be handed to them shows that they haven't put in any effort ;)

Dannygotscared

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The only thing with doing all this is if you get caught and you have a criminal record it could bite you in the bum just for looking around lol

Who has read this thread (Total: 423) View details