real time web analytics
Report - - Southern Railway Communications Bunker - Surrey - Sept - 2015 | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Southern Railway Communications Bunker - Surrey - Sept - 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

K1N5M4N

"4dd1ct3d 2 D3c4y"
28DL Full Member
The Explore:

Visited on a weekday after work with fellow 28dl member Zombiefart which was an odd experience as most of my exploring is done on the weekend and early hours like most XD, apologies for the the quality of the photos as this is only my second time photographing in literally pitch black and i'm still mastering the techniques :banghead

History:
The Southern Railway had take several positive steps long before the start of the war, which principally involved a planned decentralisation of the stores departments and the administrative offices of the company. Their emergency headquarters away from the London area, which would undoubtedly be subjected to bombardment from the air, was to be in a large and imposing country house at Deepdene near Dorking. Another house at Elmstead Woods in Kent, and some space in the old locomotive works at Brighton were also taken and set aside for offices. In addition to this accommodation, there were to be three divisional headquarters located at Woking, Redhill and Orpington, each one having its own re-enforced underground chamber for the control staff. These “Battle Headquarters,” as they were sometimes called, were occupied from the very start of the war. The Woking headquarters was to control the extensive “London West” area.

The Photos:

DSC00724_zpsrrxieyeb.jpg

DSC00711_zpsimrxozt1.jpg

DSC00680_zps3unwqype.jpg

DSC00694_zpspl7rynu7.jpg

DSC00714_zps9iqlvwlp.jpg

f1db386a-7b40-4611-aafa-77070ec299fd_zpsjuyxyyj2.jpg

DSC00706_zpsp0omx3ov.jpg

DSC00719_zpsft4hsyp0.jpg

DSC00716_zpsdpy9h75h.jpg

Thanks For Looking :thumb

"4dd1c3t 2 d3c4y"