real time web analytics
Report - - SSI Conveyor Network, October 2015 - January 2016 | Noteworthy Reports | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - SSI Conveyor Network, October 2015 - January 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

stranton

subterranean explorer
Regular User
anybody which has read my threads on SSI,
will know that I have been to each part of the site (well 92% of it).
So it would be rude of me if I didnt put a thread on the vast conveyor network,
considering I did spent alot of time in them & became ill in the process.
They are absolutley filthy with coal dirt & particles everywhere,
exits & mid way points are sealed with corrugated while the steps have been severed.
Theres no electricity, except some of the main conveyors.

SSI Conveyor Network by stranton

The first stage is the production of coke,
this conveyor carries coal from the coal heaps to the ovens which will be turned to coke.
8_zps3judsuju.jpg

Once the procedure is complete, this conveyor carries coke to the ore blending & feed.
2_zps9nilhj8r.jpg

3_zpssf0fxmti.jpg

The second stage is the production of sinter,
this conveyor carries iron ore, scrap steel & lime from the wharf to the furnace which will be turned to sinter
1_zpshv3v2csl.jpg

2_zpsjhxfcnpm.jpg

Once the procedure is complete, this conveyor carries nodules or pelets to the ore blending & feed.
6_zpscivvylpx.jpg

20_zps7dhytvnm.jpg

Main conveyor to the ore blending & feed
21_zps0vl3hi2s.jpg

22_zpsdh3lovs5.jpg

The ore blending & feed to the blast furnace bunker,
carries & stores coke & nodules or pelets prior to loading on the blast furnace conveyor
30_zps6yes6yhd.jpg

29_zpsa7ny2uro.jpg

This conveyor carries coke & nodules or pelets,
from the blast furnace bunker to the blast furnace which will be turned to steel.
1_zpsb0qtbkq5.jpg

The conveyors arnt a straight route from the coke ovens & sinter works to the blast furnace,
there are several sections some above & some below connected with drop towers or bunkers.
Most of the conveyors are 1 or 2 lines, while a
percentage are 3 & 4 lines esp the ore blending & feed.

The conveyors at the wharf which deal with the imported coal,
carries the coal from the wharf to the coal heaps at the coke ovens & sinter works.
3_zpsb8ndxfel.jpg

Processing unit
4_zpsuj2dx0ra.jpg

The miles of conveyors for distributing coal & coke, nodules or pelets about the site,
18_zpso9qk6sq4.jpg

B_zps7bpveisz.jpg

the main conveyor is a straight 1 mile long.
1_zpsln2pzv7d.jpg

Coke ovens conveyors
25_zpsrmlktw4l.jpg

26_zpsp08qvpns.jpg

Sinter works conveyors
23_zpssyefyhde.jpg

24_zpsu9fhiek9.jpg

27_zpstqv2cafa.jpg

All these conveyors lead from the coal drops or to the ore blending & feed
then to the blast furnace,

The main walkway from the blast furnace to the offices,
no conveyors but theres simularities with the corrugated design.
27_zpsqdmnndfi.jpg

28_zpsxhtfmbl1.jpg

thanks

Last edited:

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This is the best report on not just the SSI conveyors but any conveyor system I've seen & if this doesn't get the credit it deserves & ends up in noteworthy reports you should say "Fuck you all" & pack it all in :thumb

When you see a report like this thats taken time & dedication along with a high personal risk (as shown by your chest condituon) it can hopefully only inspire others to think outside the box and produce what are surely unique results :thumb

I can see this getting the kind of espouse your other SSI reports somehow failed to achieve . Let's hope it gets the appreciation it deserves ;)

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Actually quite interesting that lot

I was dubious about it after OT taking the piss about posting it but kinda glad you have really :thumb

stranton

subterranean explorer
Regular User
thanks

I know alot about these considering the time spent in them,
so mix the conveyor shots of my pass 4 threads to form a single thread.

coolboyslim

Mr Reality Hacker
28DL Full Member
Holy crap m8ty. Sorry late to this one and thanks for letting me know. That's a damn good report there and proper impressed. And do hope you get better soon. But now we know the culprit and hopefully doc will sort it out. Get better so you can do some more stuff similar to this k m8ty.

stranton

subterranean explorer
Regular User
boosting thread, so the public can experience one of the largest & best conveyor networks known to man. :thumb

Last edited:

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
boosting this thread, so the public can experience one of the largest & best conveyor networks known to man. :thumb

Steady on, it should really only be Noteworthy if you'd have traversed the lot of it, but we'll let you have this one and maybe some of the other stuff as I'll quote

There once was a bloke from Sunderland
Who loved the Industrial Wasteland
His critics thought his reports were shite!
Because he did them in the Daylight!
If only they acknowledged the extra risks
Dodging Secca whilst visible on the Tips

He"d get more likes .........sorry love :D

Considering the events that happened before your .....er daytime solo mooch, well done mate :Not Worthy

How the fuck you managed it the way things were God only knows :eek: You should have bought a lottery Ticket ;) but credit where it"s due:thumb

We know how active Secca was cos they were trying to intimidate the 3 Mutineers all afternoon & that high alert continued into the early hours of the next morning, so well done getting the shots you did.