real time web analytics
Report - - St Clements Psychiatric Hospital, June 2014 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - St Clements Psychiatric Hospital, June 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Vixxie

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Me and my boyfriend visited St Clements recently and absolutely spontaneously.

The big wall around the building is sort of discouraging but we didn't need more than half of a lapse around it to find a way in. The caution needs to be taken though as there are apartment buildings all around and loads of people walking about. We actually had someone knocking at the window after spotting us but we just quickly made our way in and disappeared before there was any further commotion.

pr_jScz3cP20t2taFTlLHEedz-BJhsrxoD8tf3XmhOg=w445-h593-no.jpg

The buildings were originally built in 1848-49 as a workhouse, for the Board of Guardians of the City of London Union. It became an infirmary for the CLU in 1874, and in 1912 the Bow Institution for the long-term sick. In 1936 it became a psychiatric unit, under the St Clement's name again. It became part of the London Hospital in 1968 and went through various organisational changes until closure in 2005. Services were transferred to a new Adult Mental Health Facility at Mile End Hospital in October 2005. (From Wiki)

hosp3.jpg

There's a few buildings within the area and apparently the builders are working on at least one of them currently (removing the asbestos). Nevertheless it took us several hours to explore and we still have not seen all of it.

hosp5.jpg

hosp7.jpg

There is lot of stuff left behind which makes it all far more interesting. We came across a variety of things, from the actual medical documentation, through the urine samples and medicines to the original ECG machine.

hosp8.jpg

hosp9.jpg

hosp11.jpg

hosp12.jpg

hosp14.jpg

hosp13.jpg

There's a beautiful Victorian cemetery just next to the hospital, also worth visiting.

Credits for most of the photos go to Pinkman, some are mine. Sadly we could only take them with our phones, so sorry for not the highest quality.

Last edited:

Vixxie

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thank you, it's my first one as well. Will try to make the next one more satisfying :)

The_Raw

Staff member
Nice one Vixxie, have to agree that it's a real fun place to explore because of the bit and bobs left behind. I never saw that ECT machine though, good find! :thumb

Vixxie

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice one Vixxie, have to agree that it's a real fun place to explore because of the bit and bobs left behind. I never saw that ECT machine though, good find! :thumb

ECG actually

hosp.jpg

:D

Last edited:

Who has read this thread (Total: 3) View details