real time web analytics
Report - - St Joseph's Orphanage and Hospital, Preston, Oct 16 | Asylums and Hospitals | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - St Joseph's Orphanage and Hospital, Preston, Oct 16

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Dom Jag

28DL Member
28DL Member
I live in Preston and a year or so back we found a decent entry into this place. Spent quite a few exciting evenings and a full Saturday inside exploring but the access was well secured pretty quickly. I have no idea how to currently get in, but imagine you will have to be quick to catch it. Great building with a strange mixture of chapel, hospital and old people's home, all sadly getting slowly destroyed.

Also, if you're inside, try and find the basement which is accessible from the inner courtyard, rather than the street facing gated courtyard. The entrance is quite hidden (and re-hidden by us) and took us a while to figure out, but we knew there must be one due to the low level windows. There are boxes and boxes of photos down there which are really quite interesting. Unfortunately not a morgue which we were hoping to find! Still worth it as I doubt many people have been down there at all in recent years.

Vulex

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I live in Preston and a year or so back we found a decent entry into this place. Spent quite a few exciting evenings and a full Saturday inside exploring but the access was well secured pretty quickly. I have no idea how to currently get in, but imagine you will have to be quick to catch it. Great building with a strange mixture of chapel, hospital and old people's home, all sadly getting slowly destroyed.

Also, if you're inside, try and find the basement which is accessible from the inner courtyard, rather than the street facing gated courtyard. The entrance is quite hidden (and re-hidden by us) and took us a while to figure out, but we knew there must be one due to the low level windows. There are boxes and boxes of photos down there which are really quite interesting. Unfortunately not a morgue which we were hoping to find! Still worth it as I doubt many people have been down there at all in recent years.

Really nice advice. I've spent some time trying to find the morgue. And I've got a rough idea where you mean for the basement in the courtyard. But I couldn't be arsed moving the furniture into it.

I doubt I will be back here again. Although I'm curious to see if they found how I got it.

Mentalasylum

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Want to take my camera on my next trip but don't want to lug around all my lenses. What lens you use mainly for this?

urblex

28DL Maverick
28DL Full Member
@Dom Jag think I know the room you're on about, used to live 10 minutes from the place so spent a lot of time in here & the room I'm thinking of also had a load of old 'piss bags' in it as well as all the paperwork, have lots of memories of this place but it seems to be pretty well sealed these days

Ferox

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I'm curious to see if they found how I got it.
Another tight squeeze by any chance mate :D Know what you mean about the look of this place. Certainly a dark one.
Great pics bud. 9 is a cracker :thumb