real time web analytics
Report - - St Joseph's Orphanage Preston 06/2010 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - St Joseph's Orphanage Preston 06/2010

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

host

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
St Joseph's Orphanage(hospital) visited with Hidden Shadow, when we first entered the building we were in the newest part, the nursing home and at first it seemed a little bland very 80's wall paper and empty room's but as we ventured more into the building we soon realized that this was a fantastic explore with a lot of exciting feature's, as we made our way to the top what seemed to be the oldest part of the building this part for me was the best part, the tiny room's and corridors with a beautiful stair case you could really feel the history in there .Another feature that i found fascinating was the perspex walls and rooms in the hospital with their over the top colours very chic....
A LITTLE HISTORY.
St Josephs Orphanage was constructed in 1872 designed by R W Hughe's for the sole purpose to look after roman catholic girl's by nun's, a second building was later added in 1877 this was also to look after sick roman catholics. this was also used to look after soldiers in WW I/II, the hospital received it's first operating theatre in 1910, new hospital wings were added in 1933/1958, the hospital has also been a nursing home, finally closing in 1986 and was granted a re-development order in 2004...and is of grade II listing
stj-a.jpg

stj-b.jpg

stj-c.jpg
stj-d.jpg

stj-e.jpg

stj-f.jpg

stj-g.jpg

stj-h.jpg

stj-i.jpg
stj-j.jpg

stj-k.jpg

stj-l.jpg