real time web analytics
Report - - St Josephs Orphanage, Preston - May 2014 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - St Josephs Orphanage, Preston - May 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

urblex

28DL Maverick
28DL Full Member
Been wanting to do this place for ages, got in once before at night but heard strange noises & left before taking any photos. Go easy as i am not experienced with photography at all and i did go alone and at night so it was pretty nerve racking at first. The place has a really creepy atmosphere & i was constantly looking over my shoulder & had to tell myself 'it's just the wind' quite a lot but i thoroughly enjoyed it. Decided to leave when a door that i had propped open slammed shut as i was trying to photograph something in the next room, if i believed in ghosts i would of been absolutely petrified the whole time. Will put up a more comprehensive daytime report soon.

IMAG0006-001_zps18879230.jpg

History,
"St Joseph’s is a Grade II listed former orphanage and maternity hospital developed as a sequence of buildings from 1872 through to the 1950’s. The original building is a two storey, red brick building in a high gothic style with a tower over the original entrance. The later 1930’s and 1950’s buildings are in a simple modernist style in brick. The buildings are arranged around a courtyard but one that is hidden from view despite its central location."

IMAG0009_zps5e4678ca.jpg

CNV00012_zps20cd5a55.jpg
CNV00016-001_zps9f4502a2.jpg

CNV00002_zps8c023036.jpg

CNV00009_zps4c663101.jpg

CNV00008_zpsbcf0066d.jpg
CNV00017-001_zpsa1ea15b3.jpg
CNV00015_zps65d59223.jpg

CNV00005_zps04be54c6.jpg

IMAG0004_zps95b0325c.jpg

CNV00009-001_zps06f0136f.jpg

Telf

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Good to see it's open again. Always a winner to go in pairs especially at night, :thumb

urblex

28DL Maverick
28DL Full Member
Believe me i would of done if i could! Hoping if i start contributing on here & things that i may find like minded people to explore with, for some reason everyone i've suggested it to is too worried about getting caught/arrested :banghead

Paradox

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Shame you only just joined - we had a Preston meet a few weeks ago and a few of us went here! But yep keep posting mate :thumb

scrappy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
my favorite site over the years, but its bloody scary at night haha. i know what you mean about the noise in there, and i also just blamed it on the wind.

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Bloody hell, if i"d known you we going in i"d have come over :) Seriously need to call over sometime soon!

Nice pics considering conditions etc

Can"t beat exploring solo especially at night :) It makes it"s sooo much more exciting, especially with increasing the risk of Death by natural & un-natural causes ten fold over daytime explores and attracting every low life within a mile radius while spending hours light painting or trying new Flash Guns out :eek: or is that just me again ?

There"s plenty of recent new members round your area, check the intro posts, safety in numbers :)

urblex

28DL Maverick
28DL Full Member
Yeah if you're ever up for going let me know, been again since in daylight & covered a lot more ground but still didn't manage to explore it all. Would happily go again and again it's such a beautiful place... Completely agree about exploring solo at night it was something i won't forget & the buzz i got from it was amazing but maybe it was a little bit foolish :rolleyes:

ALB4

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
bloody hell! i can barely walk the dog at night haha! Glad to see its still standing despite how central it is! Maybe i will visit one day!

The Lone Shadow

Industrial Fanatic!
28DL Full Member
Well done fella! That takes some steel cladded balls to do that site alone at night time.
A fantastic start to urbex I must add! :thumb

The Lone Shadow